Inactive TR/Dldr.Agent.aum & WORM/Sober.AB in email

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooodjunkk

What does it mean when a virus is detected in an email file with the .pst extension?

I just removed AVG Free anitvirus & installed Avira. Avira did it's first complete scan this morning & found TR/Dldr.Agent.aum & WORM/Sober.AB each in an old email (.pst) file.

I downloaded clrav.com utility from Kaspersky (to remove the Sober worm) & ran it without any parameters to terminate any viral processes & it reported "nothing to clean". I didn't want to run the utility with any parameters that would make it start deleting files, because there are emails in the infected files that I need to have access to (or at least save somewhere else before the files are deleted).

Is it possible Avira just detected email attachements in the files that I never opened & my machine isn't actually infected? Is there a way to remove the infections from the files & still be able to access the those emails?

I haven't done anything about the TR/Dldr.Agent detected.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Avira did it's first complete scan this morning & found TR/Dldr.Agent.aum & WORM/Sober.AB each in an old email (.pst) file.
I wouldn't be too alarmed. Some AV programs will see something, what some other AV didn't detect.
Is it the very same computer, we just worked on few days ago?

I didn't want to run the utility with any parameters that would make it start deleting files, because there are emails in the infected files that I need to have access to (or at least save somewhere else before the files are deleted).
Try to run BitDfender on-line scanner, the only one, which may actually show single email pieces.

Please run a BitDefender Online Scan

• Disable your antivirus program.
  • Click Start Scanner button.
  • Click Start scan button
  • Allow browser plug-in to be installed when prompted.
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished.
  • When the scan is finished, click on View log.
  • Notepad will open with scan results.
  • Save the report to your desktop and post its content in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back