TrojanDownloader.xs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been having problems with my PC. I have the yellow caution icon at the bottom of my screen and constantly has messages saying to "download Spyware software to fix problem." I believe this is part of the virus or whatever is on my PC. Constantly, when I browse the web to different pages, it has popups for like "internet speed monitor" or some other windows. The computer is running very slow and I just need some help in fixing this. I ran Adaware, to try to get rid of the spyware or whatever is on here, but that didn't fix anything. I'm running Avast! antivirus software and my windows defender to see if i can get rid of this. Any help would be amazing, as I am not having a lot of patience right now sitting on the computer for 3 hours trying to fix this. :mad:

Nope

Because the SDFix must be run in Safe mode anyway
All resident protections are off in Safe Mode

Actually, that program didn't work. I rebooted in Safemode but did a system restore and that actually fixed the problem, I believe. It seems to be running fine now.

2 points here

1)You probably have a semi-infected restore point
2)you obviously aren't secure to be getting infected in the first place

If you post the following log we can make suggestions about what you can do to keep from getting infected as well as check for malware

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back