Troubleshoot XP Pro error event 7000, 7009, 10005

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

my event viewer has logged on many occasions 3 different errors that occur at most times simultaneously. Service Control Manager is the source of the event 7000 and 7009. DCOM is the source of the event 10005.

heres what im doing when it happens. im playing a pc game (World of Warcraft) and usually listening to music on youtube/pandora. Problems ive noticed is that music will sometimes crack or skip (this happens even when game isnt running) as well ive heard a few people having the same problem with music cracking while running win7. all my drivers are updated. ive reinstalled my pc game. ran sfc /scannow in the cmd prompt. ive even uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia drivers. there is a known conflict with the 197.13 driver. i am using version 6.14.11.9621, thing that worries me is the the driver is located in a folder labeled 197 (<-- problem?) not to mention i have read that BFG has overclocked the Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 OC beyond its supposed to be:
Core clock: 666 MHz
Shader clock: 1512 MHz
Memory clock: 1242 MHz (2448 MHz data rate).

but instead my bios reads as:
Core clock: 694 MHz
Shader clock: 1584 MHz
Memory clock: 1296 MHz (2592 MHz data rate)

Im thinking of flashing the bios and lowering the clock speeds.

Anyways back to the Win xp pro sp3 os that i use. I starting running my pc game in a windowed mode so that id have easier access to my desktop if something were to happen. The problem is that the game will freeze/lockup. When that happens i close the program (end process WoW.exe). shortly after i do that my pc will freeze at the desktop and i will hear the beep sound as if an error message were popping up. its at this point that i have to reboot the pc. I have ran multiple repairs for my game files. ive been listening to music (on pandora) this whole time writing this and the music will crack a little still while jumping to different web pages.

wasnt sure if the errors my pc was recording were os related or if it was hardware/driver related. as far as i can tell no files are corrupt. ive ran chkdsk/defrag/memtest did some fixes with uniblues registry booster and speedupmypc. hdd is fine and ram is good. ive tried researching the error events on ms support but all of their posts for solutins didnt seem to pertain to me and honestly some the feedback wasnt making sense.

any help i can get for finding a solution to these errors is greatly appreciated.

I would suggest you to run OCCT to see how much stress your graphic card can take.

Event ID 7000: may be related to some service not been able to start at system boot.

Event ID 7009: within a specified time period after a new service starts, it notifies Service Control Manager (SCM) that it is ready to connect. In this case, the service did not notify SCM within the time period. The service might be stuck in a loop or waiting on a system resource, such as additional memory.

Here is a link from microsoft with regard to Event ID 10005. Regards

Yeah. ive ran Memtest a few times and ram has always checked out ok. Honestly, some of the issues that ive seen while running other programs has resulted in what ive seen for myself to be caused by bad or insufficient ram. im rockin 8Gb of 1333 DDR3. thought maybe my ram might be getting too hot at times, but i doubt thats the case. anyhow ill take up your advise and let ya know how it goes. thx

yeah. one thing that kills me about these errors is that they are too general. for someone like me it would take me probably a good 2 months to isolate the problem and fix it myself. lol.

also very important. should win xp have a debug tool that i can use? i read that someone mentioned that they found out that the debugger (DMD) was disabled. and they changed it so it ran automatically and the DCOM event id 10005 was gone. not sure if that implies to me or not.

K were definitely getting somewhere now. OCCT prompted me that i dont have the current version of directx 9. hmm so how do i go about about downloading the newest version? ive seen directx10 for winxp. is that what i should get? kinda weird. wonder why ms updates wouldnt prompt something like that. k well im off to look into that update now.

i have Directx 9.0c. that is the newest as far as ive seen. well excludung directx 10.

i closed and reopened OCCT and it didnt prompt anything about my ver of directx 9. well. im running it now...

Alright, please do update things afterwards. Importantly heat can be an serious issue. Perhaps if you can improve ventilation of your casing it may help as well.

i implied a directx update. i ran the gpu: occt with the resolution 1920x1080 @60hz. i tested fullscreen and checked for errors as well. i also kicked the shader complexity up to optimal (8) instead of the default (0). about halfway through the test (tested for 1hr) i received a warning dialog box (yellow triangle with the "!") Message said the Nvidia driver was not working properly.

after that it appeared to have stopped using the video driver. the screen ballooned up and switched to i guess it was 8-bit color. basically how it looks if you were to freshly install ur os. huge text and such. not sure if the test finished completely. i left the room with about 27mins remaining. within that time, the error count had reached 8700+ <--- little much?

i came back to find my pc frozen at a black screen. checked the event viewer to see what it logged. its the same 7000/7009 and DCOM 10005.

im going to run the gpu: occt again and leave the shader complexity at 0 and see how it goes.

I suggest you to update your drivers to the latest WHQL drivers for your OS (uninstall current ones and get rid of any left over files with Driver Cleaner Pro first).

Provided the errors do continue after the above, and If your graphic card is in warranty then I guess its time to claim it.

wish i could just IM you or something.the filters that i think that im going to be weeding through are the 3 nVidia and im not sure about all of the 3dfx stuff. im a litle sketchy about running this. which filters would i run? i realize many of these dont imply. heres all my options:

3dfx
3Dlabs Wildcat 4
3Dlabs Wildcat REALIZM
3Dlabs Wildcat VP
ATI
ATI CC
ATI Hydravision
ATI IGP
ATI MMC
ATI Remote Wonder
ATI TV Wonder
ATI UNinstall Utility
ATI WDM
Creative Audio
Creative Audio Lite
Intel Extreme
kX Audio
kX Aureal
Matrox Graphics
nForce Chipset
nVidia
nVidia Stereo
nVidia WDM
Razer Mouse
Realtek Audio
S3 Savage
SIS Graphics
soundMax Audio
Turtle Beach
VIA Envy Audio
VIA HD Audio
XGI Volari

k. so i unstalled all the the nvidia hardware i could. then i rebooted into safe mode disconnected from the net and turned off my anti virus and proceeded to clean nVidia, nVidia Stereo, nVidia WDM (via driver cleaner pro). i then rebooted and reinstalled my video drivers. after doing so i ran gpu: occt. the test came back flawless ;) hope this case is closed finally. ill keep ya posted. thx

looks like so far the problems were slightly outdated ver. of directx and w/e was left behind from previous driver uninstallation.

gonna listen to music on youtube and run my pc game and set it to the max vid settings and see if it is performing like it should now :)

occt definitely appears to have given my vid card the "Fonz" (<--- 2 thumbs up). props to whoever was affiliated in programming OCCT. awesome software.

Glad to hear that, lets hope that is that with regard to this issue. Take care, and please let me know if I could be of any further assistance. Regards

well Arc... im still having the same 7000/7099 DCOM 10005. and i really dont know what to do about it. Of all the diagnostic that ive run on my pc, everything has checked out as functioning properly.

im currently starting the process of engaging in email tag with blizards tech support. who knows... maybe the fix is as simple as inputting another line of code into my .dll files.

but ive done everything in my power to troubleshoot this of their little "first try this, then do this... etc. list" it has been to no avail as well as it hasnt worked for a plethora of others. not to mention that ive gone above and beyond anything thats been suggested. honestly blizzard isnt keeping up with new technology imo.

i see quite a few people having to backdate drivers to work properly. not to mention that this game doesnt take any kind of advantage of quadcore processors.

im curious as to what blizzard has in their arsenal to fix this problem. thx again Arc. and yes ill keep ya posted. if i do get this fixed ill be sure to post on blizzards forum as well, as i see others are in the same boat... but nobody has an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back