Trying to gain access to use a scanner on another comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I've currently purchased an Asus "WL-520GU" wireless router, the router works fine and i got the printing sharing part working out very nice, but the problem is my printer is an all-in-one printer so i've lost the scan function, so i've decided to try and see if this is possible, connecting the AIO to the desktop as a main, then trying to use my laptop to still use the scaning function, but i'm not sure how this works because i believe the there is no stand alone driver for the printer's scanner, anyone have any clue if it's possible?

printer = HP PSC 1410

alots of thanks

I am very certain this is impossible unless either 1.) You Asus router supports network scanning or 2.) you have a network-enabled AIO printer and you are using an ethernet port (not a USB cable) with drivers that support this functionality.

If you wish to have scanning functionality over the network, you are going to need a print server that supports scanning.

lckuok said:
Dear all,

I've currently purchased an Asus "WL-520GU" wireless router, the router works fine and i got the printing sharing part working out very nice, but the problem is my printer is an all-in-one printer so i've lost the scan function, so i've decided to try and see if this is possible, connecting the AIO to the desktop as a main, then trying to use my laptop to still use the scaning function, but i'm not sure how this works because i believe the there is no stand alone driver for the printer's scanner, anyone have any clue if it's possible?

printer = HP PSC 1410

alots of thanks

Only if the all-in-one had network access scanning features.. Xerox Business all-in-one has those features and fax too over the network. You have all the users in one group who want to fax, scan, print, copy from their cube to a Xerox Business all-in-on on the network. What you have above I have HP all-in-one except it F1435 doesn't have fax nor that is has NIC or wireless feature. To from my remote area I can access all print function and print double-sided. If I want to go and access scanning from it I would have to do that using Radmin or Ultra VNC. To remote into the PC that is attached to the all-in-one and work wit it that way.

Xerox WorkCentre (xerox isn't making these anymore though)

The big issue with this is to ensure that the OEM Driver is loaded on both sides
(the system with the device and the client attempting to share it).

Otherwise, you lose access to the 'installed features' of the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back