Trying to overclock graphics card

speedy45

So my problem with Windows XP Home 32bit is, I am trying to overclock my graphics card which is Diamond Radeon 5670 1GB which is currently set to the following:

GPU Clock: 850MHZ

Memory Clock: 1050MHZ

So my question is at this overclock using the AMD Overdrive built it in the Catalyst Control Center. So when I use MSI Afterburner to overclock my Memory Clock to 1150MHZ it sable in 2D Mode, but when I enter 3D Mode like a game it freezes & my pc reboot, so they something I could to do overclock my Memory Clock & GPU clock as high will go?

well TMagic560, I will do that once I have the money, & for fimbles I will check out that link & let u know the results of the overclock.

well guys I try to overclock the Core Clock to 900MHZ it gave me problems, so I decided to leave it at the overclocks for Core Clock at 850MHZ & Memory Clock at 1050MHZ.

Well speedy45,
XP will be fading away soon and Windows 7 will run on most XP computers as long as you can have at least 1GB of system memory and a decent DX10 video card. The price of Windows 7 is dropping too

Thats a pretty nice overclock.

Keep an eye on your temps and your good to go :)

Windows 7 would be a good idea but will have no impact on your overclock whatsoever, Xp still holds the biggest market share (35%) and will no doubt be supported for a good while yet, though microsoft are still trying to kill it with lack of direct x 10 support, ect

what I don't get is when I overclock it to 900MHZ it gave me artifacts using GPUTool the Stability Test, so does this mean it lock at 850MHZ Core Clock & 1050MHZ Memory Clock?

The idea is too push as far as you can go without getting artifacts.

If your not getting any artifacts at 850/1050 and your temps are ok, save and enjoy :)

Back