Tuesday tech deals: Refurbished 7" Asus Eee PC from $95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Refurbished Asus Eee PC Surf 7" Netbook from $95 + $10 shipping

Mwave.com offers the refurbished Asus Eee PC 4G Surf 7" netbook in Pearl White for $109.99. Coupon code "BK2SCHOOL" knocks it to $99.99. With $9.56 for shipping, it's the lowest total price we could find by $122.

This 2-lb. netbook features an Intel Celeron M ULV 900MHz processor, 7" 800x480 widescreen LCD, 512MB RAM, 4GB Solid-State Disk (SSD) hard drive, 802.11g, Secure Digital card slot, USB ports, and Linux OS.

Also available is the refurbished Asus Eee PC 2G Surf 7" netbook for $94.99 after the mentioned coupon. With $9.56 for shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find for this model by $156. It has a 2GB SSD but is otherwise the same as the model above.

Five more tech deals after the jump.

2.5" SATA to USB 2.0 external hard drive enclosure $7 + free shipping

eForCity.com offers a 2.5" Serial ATA to USB 2.0 aluminum external hard drive enclosure for $8.99 with free shipping. Coupon code "DEALNEWS824" cuts it to $6.99. That's among the least expensive 2.5" laptop hard drive enclosures we've seen. Deal ends August 31.

HP Officejet Pro 8000 inkjet printer $20 after rebate + free shipping

Have an old laser printer? Trade it in to the HP Home & Home Office Store (any brand or condition) and receive the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Color inkjet printer, for a net price of $19.99 with free shipping via the directions below. Features include a print resolution of up to 4800x1200 DPI, 35 PPM Black / 34 PPM color, borderless printing, and both Ethernet and USB 2.0 connectivity. Deal ends September 26. To get this deal:

1. Add the HP Officejet Pro 8000 to your cart for $99.99 (after $50 in-cart discount)
  2. Pad your order over $150 (need a calculator?) and apply coupon code "SV2132" to cut the total in-cart price to $69.99 (less padding)
  3. Send in this $50 mail-in rebate along with your old printer to drop the price (less padding) to $19.99

Western Digital Green 1.5TB hard drive $100 + free shipping

Today only, Dell Small Business offers the Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB SATA HDD for $99.99 with free shipping ($0.07/GB). That's lowest total price we've seen for this size and type of Western Digital hard drive (we've seen a Seagate drive for less, but that deal didn't last an hour). This "green" product purports to reduce power consumption compared to other models by up to 40%. It features a 32MB cache.

Compaq Presario Intel Dual Core 2.1GHz 16" laptop for $400 + free shipping

OfficeMax offers the Compaq Presario CQ60-421NR notebook for $399.99 with free shipping. That's the lowest total price we could find by $259. This 6.5-lb. laptop features an Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4300 2.1GHz processor, 15.6" 1366x768 widescreen LCD with BrightView, 3GB RAM, 320GB hard drive, dual layer DVD burner with LightScribe, 802.11g wireless, 5-in-1 media card reader, integrated graphics, 6-cell battery, and Windows Vista Home Premium.

iPhone 3G/3GS FM transmitter, screen protector, and silicone case for $8 + free shipping

eForCity.com offers an iPhone 3G/3GS FM transmitter, screen protector, and silicone case for $10.99. Coupon code "EFWS082423" cuts it to $8.49. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find for this travel kit.

Permalink to story.

@supersmashbrada: Awesome! Enjoy :D.
@captaincranky: I'd say it's pretty obvious, being that I mentioned it in the posted specs: "Secure Digital card slot, USB ports, and Linux OS"

Linux is a really slim version of any os you can think of, perfect for web browsing and basic task.

@supersmashbrada: Awesome! Enjoy :D.
@captaincranky: I'd say it's pretty obvious, being that I mentioned it in the posted specs: "Secure Digital card slot, USB ports, and Linux OS"

I feel comfortable with stating the obvious, there's never the uncertainty and angst of being proved wrong. Seriously, sorry I mentioned it. :eek:

Ordered one from MWave and had my credit card charged. Waited a couple of days and checked order status. Finally got an email saying they had sold out and my order was cancelled! On top of that, they sent the email to about a dozen customers and listed all of our addresses in the CC for all to see, rather than using BCC. That is my second hassle with trying to order something for MWave-but it will be my last. I think I'll stick with NewEgg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back