TuvUOeFy.dll giving problems, help disabling lsass.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

Hi ive gotten a pretty crummy adware that i cant get rid of... my anti virus / spyware is ESET NOD32 anti virus and it found everything and deleted it nicely but it fount tuvUOeFy.dll and it keeps getting an error that it cannot delete this file beacuse it is being used by lsass.exe...i did the normal thing and tried to disable it in the task manager and i also tried msconfig to see if i can boot with the bare minimals and see if i can kill it there... but it dident work... i know the exact location of the infected .dll i just need to kown how to kill it....

its a really bad one it totally impeades your access to the internet ie.. will load homepage but any search engine or any load will not work.

any help would be nice : )

LSASS.EXE is a critical process and cannot be disabled without serious side effects...mainly not being able to logon to Windows at all.

Try rebooting into safe mode by pressing F8 and when you get the black screen with the menu select Safe Mode with Command Prompt. I would be willing to bet that the .dll in question is hiding in \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. Do a dir TuvUOeFy.dll

When you boot into safe mode, you may not be able to see the file, since these wee beasties like to make themselves hidden. You may get a file not found. If so do this command at the command line:

ATTRIB -r -s -h TuvUOeFy.dll and press Enter
THEN try to delete it with del TuvUOeFy.dll and Press enter.

This SHOULD get rid of it. If it does, then type exit at the command prompt and then press CTRL-ALT-DEL and select restartfrom The Task Manager.

If you still cannot delete the file, download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, install it, and under More Tools, Choose FileASSASSIN. Navigate to the System32 folder, find the TuvUOeFy.dll and have the Anti-Malware delete the file. If you are prompted to restart, please do so.

Let us know how it turns out

i got malwarebytes anti malware program and after a few runs it got rid of it just fine... my anti virus is ESET NOD 32 but is there a better alternative

thanks larrrardintx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back