Two minidumps new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Can someone please debug these minidumps and post back all the details, as these minidumps won't execute on my vista system (minidumps are from windows xp service pack 2)

Thanks

Both errors are 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

The driver cited is ACPI.sys which is Automatic Configuration Power Interface and is a core Windows driver which will attempt to throttle CPU usage when temperatures get too high (and other power management operations).

this is a new system i built and i installed xp pro with sp2 slipstreamed, i think the first time i got it was from one of the drivers can't recall and the second time i got a random restart ...... has not happened for the last 24hours... i will run memory diag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back