Two questions about Diablo I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GN48

Okay, first question, I think this is the 95 version of Diablo. I USED to be able to run Diablo on XP, about 5 Months ago, and now, it doesn't work... :confused: I don't get it...First worked when installed, then I didn't play it for a few months and says it needs the original disc in drive and I GOT THE ORIGINAL DISC IN DRIVE! :mad:
Tried reinstalling, samething happens - something wrong with computer or is it Diablo getting out of date? Is it time to crack Diablo I so I don't need to run the game without disc? Or do I have to buy another copy from the same shop that dosen't sell them any more?:haha:

Question 2, even if I did manage to get Diablo I working on my XP computer(Without that annoying thing that tels you to stick in your disc in drive even though I got disc in drive and if i get rid of it, i still can't play and goes through it again):mad:, how would I get VISTA play Diablo I LAN using IPX/SPX even though it doesn't support it?:suspiciou That sucks. Only got 2 computers to play Diablo on; XP and VISTA! LAN works fine with other games running TCP/IP but IPX, VISTA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:dead:

Make sure all the game patches are installed and change the compatibility mode to Windows 95.

I've have already changed the compatibility to Windows 95 and I forgot to add this, sorry....

And for the patches, what patches do I need to install hmmmm?

Not to say I'm a Diablo nerd, but pleeeaaaasssseee make Diablo work, I really wanna play it since now I'm in the mood for Diablo :wave:

Google for the patches and install all of them if there are more than one.

Google for the patches and install all of them if there are more than one.

Why do I need to install the patches? It use to work fine on my XP computer without any patches before.... Or do you mean patches so I can play Diablo LAN using IPX/SPX on VISTA?

My suggestion was to install the game patches but you seem resistant to the idea. It's true that it might not solve your problem so if you'd rather not, I'm fine with that.

Well, (Not to be your cammandering officer or anything like that, though respect you as much as I respect others) you can at least explain your replies so I can understand them mailpup.... :D

For the patches, I've searched everywhere, even the blizzard official website, all I saw were v1.09 patches for Diablo, but when I download them, and insalled them manually, it still don't work! Has Diablo all suddenly gave up on my computer and not run at all? I guess this is where I build my own computer, but instead of the latest windows, I'll either install Windows 95 or 98SE so I can play Diablo I..... :D

Though of the good news I've got so far, this is the best, ha, I can play Diablo I on VISTA LAN, but only via Direct Connection. Does XP have this, if it does, how will I play it along with VISTA? Is the cable like an Ethernet cable or is it different? This here LAN type can be an alternative to IPX/SPX since VISTA is able to do LAN on Direct connection and as of XP too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back