Two routers

Ok, so I have a DSL modem/router, and I was wondering if I would be able to use this router and connect another router to it with an ethernet cord that would be about 70 feet long, then connect another ethernet cord to the 2nd router and make a run of about 200ft to a PS3. It has been my understanding that Cat5e is rated for about 100 meters, which would be within this 270 or so ft that im trying to run this....a small diagram of what im wanting

Ethernet wire (200ft).................................................Ethernet wire (70-80ft)
------------------------------------------------------++++--------------------------------------------------{+++}
PS3.......................................................Router 2 ..........................................................Dsl Modem/router

Would this work with this kind of wiring, and if so, do I just connect the wires and tada? Or is there some technical stuff that I need to do?

you are spot-on.

The sole trick is to first disable DHCP in router two
(connect system directly to it and have nothing else connected;
use your browser to access the config page of that router).

Then make the connections so that the WAN port of router#2 is left empty - -
Router#1 will be in control of all connections to either one AND you can
even have WiFi active on either OR both (suggest you use different channels if Both are active).
T A D A

Back