Ubisoft reveals Far Cry 6 PC features trailer and system requirements

Daniel Sims

Staff
In brief: Ubisoft revealed the specs for the PC version of Far Cry 6 today. It released a detailed list of system requirements and a new trailer explaining the graphics and user interface features specific to the PC version. You'll need a reasonably beefy rig to play it at 60 frames per second, especially if you intend to play with ray tracing turned on.

In addition to the Far Cry 6 system requirements, Ubisoft's website mentions features like an uncapped framerate, an in-game benchmark, multi-monitor support, and extensive control customizations. Unlike most publishers who simply list two tiers for "minimum" and "recommended" hardware requirements for PC games, Ubisoft tends to post specifications for its games in several categories based on target resolution and framerate.

Generally, these requirements don't look dramatically different from last year's Assassin's Creed: Valhalla—Ubisoft's most recent major release. The main difference is that on the high-end, with ray tracing turned on, Ubisoft suggests a Zen3 or Intel 10th generation CPU, along with either an AMD Ryzen 6000 or Nvidia's RTX 3000 graphics card. Far Cry 6 needs about 60 gigabytes of storage but has an optional HD texture pack that's an additional 37 gigs.

AMD is sponsoring the PC version of Far Cry 6, which will use FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) to upscale from lower resolutions to increase frame rates. These listed system requirements indicate performance without FSR. Thus far, AMD-sponsored games have not incorporated Nvidia's Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) upscaling feature, which has been praised for its transformative effect on image quality and framerate.

Minimum requirements (1080p, 30fps, low settings without ray tracing):

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or Intel i5-4460
  • GPU: AMD RX 460 – 4 GB or NVIDIA GTX 960 – 4 GB
  • RAM: 8 GB (Dual-channel mode)
  • Storage: 60 GB HDD (SSD Recommended)

Recommended requirements (1080p, 60fps, high settings without ray tracing):

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X or Intel i7-7700
  • GPU: AMD RX VEGA64 – 8 GB or NVIDIA GTX 1080 – 8 GB
  • RAM: 16 GB (Dual-channel mode)
  • Storage: 60 GB HDD (SSD Recommended)

Recommended requirements (1440p, 60fps, ultra settings without ray tracing): 

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X or Intel i7-9700
  • GPU: AMD RX 5700XT – 8 GB or NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER – 8 GB
  • Storage: 60 GB HDD (SSD Recommended) + 37 GB for HD textures (optional)

Recommended requirements (1440p, 60fps, ultra settings with ray tracing):

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X or Intel i5-10600
  • GPU: AMD RX 6900XT – 16 BG or NVIDIA RTX 3070 – 8 GB

Recommended requirements (4K, 30fps, ultra settings with ray tracing):

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X or Intel i7-10700k
  • GPU: AMD RX 6800 – 16 GB or NVIDIA RTX 3080 – 10 GB

The latest trailer for Far Cry 6 goes more in-depth about the PC version's features. Its ray tracing includes ray traced shadows and reflections, though there's no mention of global illumination. The trailer also mentions adaptive resolution.

Far Cry 6 on PC will have extensive control customization for both keyboards and controllers. That includes event-based input handling and secondary button support for keyboards. The accessibility features include things like color customization and text-to-speech for every supported language.

Far Cry 6 is the latest entry in Ubisoft's open-world first person shooter series. It sets players in the fictional country of Yara, where they take control of Dani Rojas as they fight against the regime of the country's ruler Anton Castillo. In addition to its open-world campaign, Far Cry 6 will also feature co-op and multiplayer modes. The game launches on October 7.

Permalink to story.

Hopefully this iteration will hook me up. Since Far Cry 2 (the best of the franchise IMHO) that I cannot really enjoy with Far Cry games.

Nice to see even for a pretty intensive game Ubisoft thinks a 1st gen Ryzen or a Haswell 4 core are good enough, but Microsoft doesn't cause of extremely valid reasons I'm sure.

Depends on the nature of the game. I played Horizon Zero Dawn on a R3 1200 at 3.7GHz and in AI-heavy combat passages FPS would dip into the 20s at 100% CPU use, below the 30fps listed here. Most of the time it was upwards of 40 or even 50fps @1440p High (RX 5600XT) with good GPU utilization but that old 4c4t R3 really wasn't quite up to the task during the CPU-intensive parts of the game.

How is that for 1440p 60fps you need 6900xt or 3070 but for 4k 30fps you need 3080 or 6800. I think you have a typo :D

Lol, they go on about 'caring' about PC gamers in the video above..but apparently not enough to include DLSS because no doubt AMD bunged them a few $$$ not to.

I mean, Ubisoft, leaving out the single biggest way to increase framerates with superior IQ to AMD's weak @ss FSR, for the 80% of PC gamers who run an Nvidia GPU, shows just how much you really 'care'..

Good, my 1080 Ti will still suffice for 3440x1440. I'm just concerned if my 1700X will be enough since FC is usually a CPU intensive game.

4K@30p is the highest preset, right, that pretty much tells the story about the state of 4K gaming. I was getting like 40 FPS in Diablo 2 Resurrected with a GTX 1080 even on medium preset. So first I figured I'd need at least an RTX 3080 to get 60 FPS on at least high. Then I looked at the marketplace and saw that'd set me back like 2 grands, so f*ck it. Then I figured it's much more economic to just buy a separate 1080p monitor, exclusively for gaming, that can be done in under $250. As ridiculous as it sounds, that's the only option.

And this all wouldn't be such a problem if crossplay was the norm and I could play with my friends from my Xbox. But no, of course not. You get cross progression and be happy with it. Yay. We live in the year 2021 and I have to downgrade my monitor to 1080p to be able to play the remaster of a 20 years old game. Pathetic.

But I'm pretty sure we'll get another "best 1440p monitors" article from techspot pretty soon. Yay.

Last edited:
I just watched the gameplay of this game, and I don't get it, the game looks exactly like reskin of FC4 and FC5, nothing new or anything and have this requirements?? for what, for Denuvo 3000? 5-6 years old games looks better then this with literally half the requirements. I have 5800x and 3080, but I honestly don't see those requirements justified, what are they doing, emulate Xbox on PC with virtual machine or smth?

The game really just looks like Far Cry 5, Caribbean island edition. Which isn’t as interesting as Hope county or Nepal if you ask me. I will still play through the whole game no doubt but I wish they could have done somewhere like Columbia or Venezuela. Or even Russia. So far for me my favourite Far Cry is 4 because of the location and art style. Also the guns.

I'm still a fan of the original FarCry (still got it on disc).
2nd entry was awful.
3rd was okay, with the decent antagonist.
4th - I honestly cannot remember playing the game. Apparently I put 12 hours into it, but I don't remember anything about it. How sad is it if you can log a dozen hours into a game and never even remember playing it?
5th - if it wasn't for coop and my brother wanting to play, I never would have played it. If the fifth was anything like the 4th one, I can see why I don't remember playing FarCry 4.

I can't see myself wasting time or money on this game. It doesn't really look any different over the past few entries in the series.

I just hope the FPS mechanics are better than farcry 5. The aiming and feel of shooting + melee sucked and why I stopped playing

I just watched the gameplay of this game, and I don't get it, the game looks exactly like reskin of FC4 and FC5, nothing new or anything and have this requirements?? for what, for Denuvo 3000? 5-6 years old games looks better then this with literally half the requirements. I have 5800x and 3080, but I honestly don't see those requirements justified, what are they doing, emulate Xbox on PC with virtual machine or smth?
Name one game from 2015 that looks better on worse hardware...

4K@30p is the highest preset, right, that pretty much tells the story about the state of 4K gaming. I was getting like 40 FPS in Diablo 2 Resurrected with a GTX 1080 even on medium preset. So first I figured I'd need at least an RTX 3080 to get 60 FPS on at least high. Then I looked at the marketplace and saw that'd set me back like 2 grands, so f*ck it. Then I figured it's much more economic to just buy a separate 1080p monitor, exclusively for gaming, that can be done in under $250. As ridiculous as it sounds, that's the only option.

And this all wouldn't be such a problem if crossplay was the norm and I could play with my friends from my Xbox. But no, of course not. You get cross progression and be happy with it. Yay. We live in the year 2021 and I have to downgrade my monitor to 1080p to be able to play the remaster of a 20 years old game. Pathetic.

But I'm pretty sure we'll get another "best 1440p monitors" article from techspot pretty soon. Yay.

I mean you do you but I got a 4k oled and a 3080 I paid $699 for (technically paid nothing since I paid for it by selling my 2080ti for $1050 last August before the new cards launched)

Your situation does not apply to everyone so just keep that in mind.

I just hope the FPS mechanics are better than farcry 5. The aiming and feel of shooting + melee sucked and why I stopped playing
Nothing feels as good as destiny to me it is the ultimate measurement of a great feeling fps.

Yep I remember all those ray traced reflections and shadows in all those 5 year old games! Lmao

The game looks miles above far cry of the past and is looking like some of the best visuals of anything out there right now!

Maybe if you're stuck playing it on hardware from that time period it ends up looking like that but for me and my top tier 2021 rig it will look amazing.

I don't even have to buy it got a free copy back last year when I bought a friend an amd ryzen cpu and he told me to keep the game for doing the work.

Yep I remember all those ray traced reflections and shadows in all those 5 year old games! Lmao

The game looks miles above far cry of the past and is looking like some of the best visuals of anything out there right now!

Maybe if you're stuck playing it on hardware from that time period it ends up looking like that but for me and my top tier 2021 rig it will look amazing.

I don't even have to buy it got a free copy back last year when I bought a friend an amd ryzen cpu and he told me to keep the game for doing the work.
In Quake 2 released in 97 have been added ray tracing and shadows that doesn't make it looks good. Please keep your opinions to yourself, and let me have mines. And maybe if you had read my post you would figured out what my rig is as I said it and stop bragging about your hardware... Have a nice day and please don't quote me or talk to me.
PS: check it yourself: https://ibb.co/XksjP2X this screenshot is from the official 4k gameplay trailer :)

Last edited:
Back