Ubuntu installation?

hie evey1..............

previous in my hard disk i had windows sp2 in ' c:' drive....................

so i loved to install ubuntu....so i formated with ubuntu 10.4..........i thought it would replace xp2 n install ubuntu in c drive ..........but it totally formatted my entire harddisk...means i lost the data which is in other drives namely (D, E, F)...........

I have very very important data n family data in my other drives.............pls pls tel me a solution how to get my entire data back..............

Thanxx !!!!

You aren't likely to be able to unfortunately.

The one shot you have is to install a recovery program, and then deep scan the entire hard disk, which should recover some files that haven't been overwritten already.

Have a read of this: https://www.linux.com/news/enterpri...s-after-you-accidentally-wipe-your-hard-drive

Without trying to sound harsh, this presses the reason why backups before any changes are crucial. It is a mistake my users new to Linux make, so you aren't alone. Hell, even I've accidently deleted important partitions in the past, but I've also always had regular backups. It's a chore to do them, but they're a life saver in situations like this.

Back