Unable to display external monitor

Leboza

TS Rookie
I have HP 630 laptop with is giving me a problem connecting to another monitor, I have updated drivers but still do the same, I have uninstall drivers and install again but still do the same, what should I do, Please help

Mark Fuller

TS Booster
You need to check the multiple display setting in display properties and see that it is set to duplicate or extend and not just set to show only on screen 1.

Last edited:

Leboza

TS Rookie
I installed the new copy of OS thinking maybe it has the problem, but it did the same, I don't know, in the device manager, it does not show any exclamation mark

Mark Fuller

TS Booster
By the way, is your external monitor a smart tv? If so, there might be a setting on it that might help. Do you have the same problem on more than one external monitor?

Last edited:

Leboza

TS Rookie
I installed the new copy of OS thinking maybe it has the problem, but it did the same, I don't know, in the device manager, it does not show any exclamation mark
By the way, is your external monitor a smart tv? If so, there might be a setting on it that might help. Do you have the same problem on more than one external monitor?
even to the normal monitor, I tried to connect to several monitor, I realised this when I was trying to connect my projector

jobeard

TS Ambassador
I used both of them but it can't connect, I even tried to reinstall the HP drivers afresh, but it can't. I'm stuck
The HDMI driver will auto-install if you do this:
Find the TV hdmi connection you want to use and be sure you can SELECT that device on the TV controller -- then Power it off.

clear all the PC programs and shutdown.

connect the PC hdmi to the TV hdmi you want to use and boot the PC.

Auto install will configure the PC hdmi attachment. This is necessary ONLY ONCE.

Leboza

TS Rookie
The HDMI driver will auto-install if you do this:
Find the TV hdmi connection you want to use and be sure you can SELECT that device on the TV controller -- then Power it off.

clear all the PC programs and shutdown.

connect the PC hdmi to the TV hdmi you want to use and boot the PC.

Auto install will configure the PC hdmi attachment. This is necessary ONLY ONCE.
Thank you I will try to do that.