Unable to install codecs

Mark Fuller

I downloaded a codex package and I am unabe to install it. I get an error message that says Not enough storage available to process this command. OS w 7, dell latitude d6330 file name windows media format runtime.

bazz2004

It's years since I needed to download a codex pack. Perhaps post which video player you are using and the file type that won't play.

Mark Fuller

Windows media player, avi. I have also vlc media player which works.
I just want windows media player to work because you can do things with wmp you can' t do with other freeware players.

bazz2004

I've just tried a few avi files (Windows 10 64 bit) and some play but others don't. Even the ones that play take a while to get going. I generally use VLC or PotPlayer which both do a good job with my avi files. Codec packs are sometimes infected with viruses so that's a problem. I do find Windows Media Player great when using the Lyrics plug in to help me learn a foreign language but it's the only occasion I use it. You could convert avi files to a more user friendly format but it would be a pain to do on a regular basis. Perhaps you could find another program to use for the avi files. You're spoilt for choice with free players.

bazz2004

There's very little that stays ahead of the pack. Have a look at free software to convert video files. Freemake video converter was the last one I used but it worked well. I reckon it makes life simpler to use a couple of media players as and when.