Unable to install Sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to install the Sims2 into my new laptop but was unable to. Though i've inserted disk 1, it keeps prompting me to "insert disk 1". Everytime when I insert disk 1, it does not autorun. Even when I click on the autorun, it will prompt me to "insert disk 1". I find this very puzzling as before this I did manage to install the sims 2 into this new laptop but uninstalled it as I thought I won't be using this laptop to play the game.

I've even tried to clean the disk and check for scratches (there aren't any) on the disk. However, I believe it may not be a faulty disk as I managed to install the game into my husband's laptop, which uses Vista, and this new laptop last week. So why can't I do so now?

Thus, I'm wondering, does it has something to do with the Vista in the previous laptop? Or is it because we are only allowed to install the game into 1 laptop/computer? If that is the case, then why was I able to install it into my husband's laptop and my new laptop successfully last week?

Has anyone ever encounter this problem? Can someone please advise?

May still have references to the install/uninstall from before. Go to Start, Seareh and hunt for EA Games, the Sims2. Also go to your C drive and open Program Files and delete any from EA Games.

May still be leftovers in the Registry, but I do not recommend hunting them. The Registry is dangerous territory.
You could MAYBE use a Registry cleaner that lets you select what to remove without touching anything else. I know there are some like that, but cannot recall the names since I don't use them. Possible someone with more experience in their use will pop in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back