Unable to play Rugby League 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phocks

Hello Peoples,

I am trying to play rugby league 2.

I am able to indstall the program fine but when I go to play it I am asked what program I would like to open the video file with.

Is there any way to bipass this so I can play the game?

I have a new computer and this is the first time I have had an issue playing this game.

Regards

Phocks

This is an older game that came out before Vista or Windows 7. You didn't say what operating system you have but most new PCs come with Windows 7 or possibly Vista. Try changing the compatibility mode to an older Windows version such as XP.

Right click on the game icon or on the game executable file (.exe) and click on properties. Click on the compatibility tab and you can probably figure out the rest.

How do I check my operating system?

I have tried all the differant windows versions in compatibility mode and it still does not work.

Am I just not able to play this game on my system??

How do I check my operating system?
When Windows starts, a Windows logo should appear. What does it say? Another way is to go to the Control Panel and click on System.

Am I just not able to play this game on my system??
What are your system components by the way?

My operating system is Windows 7.

How do I check my system components?

Is it:

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspirex1800
Rating: 5.1 Windows Experience Index
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @
2.93GHz 2.94 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I looked up your Acer model's specifications and the integrated graphics is pretty poor. It might be capable of running the game but it might also lack support of some of the games features although I don't know that for a fact. It's really not a gaming PC unless you install a dedicated graphics card.

That said, if you haven't already, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from scratch and don't forget to set the compatibility mode to an older operating system.

I have uninstalled it atleast 10 times.....it is just not happening.

I understand this is not a gaming PC but I dont see why it would instrall on my old crappy computer and not on this.

Will I have the same issues on all games I try to install??

Thanks for your help.

I understand this is not a gaming PC but I dont see why it would instrall on my old crappy computer and not on this.
Without knowing what your old crappy computer is, I don't have an answer.

As for other games, the best I can say is it depends on the game. You could have different issues or even no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back