Unable to remove ISO file extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackgreat

Hello Everyone,

I am using a Windows XP (SP3) pc. I installed winzip 12 which has associated itself with various file extensions (like zip, .z etc)

Now i have a image file (ISO) which opens in winzip as it has associated itself with ISO extension. I do not want any application to be associated with ISO.

First I opened winzip and went to it file extension properties, here I unchecked ISO and clicked ok. But it did not work. Then i tried to remove ISO from folder properties. I am prompted are you sure, then when i click yes nothing happens. I tried it on another extension and that was removed.

Thus I am puzzled why iso file extension is not getting removed.

If anyone can help me out it would be great.

Thanks,

JG

Why does it bother you? It doesn't do any harm at all. Do you want another program to launch when you double-click an ISO file?

remove extension

Why does it bother you? It doesn't do any harm at all. Do you want another program to launch when you double-click an ISO file?

Well I know its not doing any harm to my pc but as an end user if i do not want iso extention to remain (for whatever reasons) it should go.

I cannot quite imaging why winzip should offer access to .iso fles, since they are bit-for-bit disk images, but yes, it does. It is however, a new feature, and doubtless the inability to remove it from the list of associations is a bug. You could take this up directly with winzip via contact us on the winzip website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back