Unable to use IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirag_gajjar

Hi!

I currently have IE 6 on my PC. I want to use some dialer program on net which requires IE 7. Now i have downloaded installation files for IE 7 and tried to instal. But it asked for some check. Then I installed some files which bypassed this step and allowed me installation. However, after restarting the PC, I get message that Windows Explorer faced some problem and needs to be closed. Then there are no icons on the screen and nothing. All I have to do is to restore back my system n uninstall IE7.

Please guide me.

Thanks.

IE 7 has the following requirements:

Computer with a 233MHz processor or higher (Pentium processor recommended)
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
* Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) - 64 MB
* Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) - 64 MB
* Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - 128 MB
* Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 64 MB
* Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ia64 - 128 MB
CD-ROM drive (if installation is done from a CD-ROM)
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
Modem or Internet connection; Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device

If you don't have these devices, specifically the cpu, os/sp, or ram, then that might be your problem.

Trying to troubleshoot a system problem with no system information is like trying to read a book in a closet with no light! It can't be done. We can only act on the information we're given and so far, you haven't given us any!

Well, my system specifications are:

Windows Xp (SP-2)
256 MB Ram

Wat else do you require?

Let me guess.. You couldnt update/install to IE7 because your windows did not validate? So you found a fix but that didnt work and now you are stuck.. Use System Restore (if you can) and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back