Unable to watch Xvids movies

SPasini

Good evening! Well I have to say that I did try some fixes but despite the fact I installed Xvid pack codecs - several ones- I still can't play some movies when those special codecs are needed! Did I do anything wrong? Tks in advance for any help!!

From a website ??
No.And first things first tks for your reply and explaining I recently downloaded some movie from one of those places where you can use a torrent client downloader (BitTorrent the place) and the movie shows a 10 sec message saying " you have to download a codec pack in order to watch this movie and bla bla bla.." Well I did try several different codec packs installing and the opposite previous to install the next one and it went on this way with no happy outcome I mean I couldn't watch the movie (Atomic blonde) and these things use to happen to me once in awhile so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong despite the fact this guys (YIFY) got some good web reputation or I'm not doing the proper thing because I know there are lots of fakes in this field but I have some doubts because like I said I've downloaded many movies using this client torrent downloader and from these guys..!

...I recently downloaded some movie from one of those places where you can use a torrent client downloader (BitTorrent the place) and the movie shows a 10 sec message saying " you have to download a codec pack in order to watch this movie and bla bla bla.." ...
That is a huge red flag man. Don't download something because something shady you downloaded wants you to. When it comes to video if VLC or Media Player Classic won't play it the general rule is don't bother.

OK tks for your advice but I'm gonna keep downloading vids just I'm gonna try to avoid such as places..!

OK tks for your advice but I'm gonna keep downloading vids just I'm gonna try to avoid such as places..!
Thats fine, do whatever you want, I'm just telling you that it is NOT normal for a video to tell you you need to go somewhere to get a codec to watch the video. The 2 programs I listed will open nearly everything, if you are getting a movie that can't be opened by them I'd strongly suggest finding a different version (container/codec) and grabbing that one rather than trying to get some program or codec to make it work.

I understand your point and I think you are right I need to be cautious when downloading files. Tks again for your advice!

Back