Uncharted 4 is coming to PC, Sony may reveal it later today

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? There have been plenty of signs that more PlayStation exclusives will soon land on PC, and we now know what to expect next: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. The reveal appeared in Sony's Games and Network Services slides from its "Investor Relations" day under a section named "More PC releases planned."

The slide reveals Sony's plans for "New Growth Vectors," highlighting current PC games Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone and how the platform can "create new fans for our IP." What's interesting is the inclusion of Uncharted 4, which Sony has never previously mentioned is coming to the platform.

The Japanese gaming giant has on several occasions said that it would be adding more first-party titles to the PC, including Sony Interactive Entertainment President Jim Ryan talking about exposing its games to a wider audience.

Hints that the next PS games are on their way arrived when PlayStation Studios' Steam page launched and listed fewer items than are available on the service, suggesting the company has already uploaded hidden pages ready for future Steam releases. Could one of them be the excellent Uncharted 4? It's looking likely.

Sony is streaming a State of Play event (top) later today that includes 14 minutes of Horizon Forbidden West gameplay. It's a 20-minute stream, so it's possible that Uncharted 4's PC version will be unveiled at some point during proceedings. Even if there's no mention of Nathan Drake, expect to hear more soon.

Permalink to story.

I don't know, Zero Dawn and Days Gone look like bland games. Yeah, the character responds to the environment and has some witty replies, but that's about it.

The graphics are mediocre, a lot of pop-in, loading times are slow even though everything is run from SSDs and they're both 3rd person kill-stuff, go there, cutscene kind of events.

I was amazed by StarCitizen. The first time I launched into orbit, hyperdrived to another planet and landed there - that was a "Wow" moment. As a PC gamer without access to any console, these games are just... average.

I mean it's nice these games can be played on PC, I'll surely buy them, but if these are the games I missed being on the PC platform, well, I'm not impressed.

I don't know, Zero Dawn and Days Gone look like bland games. Yeah, the character responds to the environment and has some witty replies, but that's about it.

The graphics are mediocre, a lot of pop-in, loading times are slow even though everything is run from SSDs and they're both 3rd person kill-stuff, go there, cutscene kind of events.

I was amazed by StarCitizen. The first time I launched into orbit, hyperdrived to another planet and landed there - that was a "Wow" moment. As a PC gamer without access to any console, these games are just... average.

I mean it's nice these games can be played on PC, I'll surely buy them, but if these are the games I missed being on the PC platform, well, I'm not impressed.

Did you play these games, or are you just shitposting?

I played HZD on the PC and enjoyed it. It's not the best game ever made, but it was well worth the money. And I really hope Sony keeps bringing in more games to the PC.

Well, I've been pushing myself to play Horizon Zero Dawn for months now. Initially it was crashing every 30 minutes. Now it's more stable but I can hardly get myself playing it. I got the main idea of the story, it's interesting, but the fact that you have to go from left of the map to the right and back again is not my style (I don't like using fast-travel mechanics).

In Skyrim for instance, there was always something happening on the way. Either a new cave, or finding something interesting. In these games it's just blank space between destinations with some hotzones that you should sneak around.

And the base Horizon Zero Dawn is attrocious when it comes to cutscenes. Zero facial expressions. Not that Fallout 4 was anything good - it was the worst facial animation game possible given the production tier. But take games like Tomb Raider. They were excellent games. You had a small open-area just enough to do some stuff but not as big and empty as Horizon ZD, great story, good gameplay, excellent animations and excellent performance.

Even without the technical problems I'm already seeing mentioned here, most of these games I have watched on twitch streams and wasn't impressed. They're ok games in my eyes for sure, good quality, serviceable stories on them, etc.

But the only thing I really come away with is just how good Sony's marketing team really is if these games are so critically acclaimed and beloved to the point they move playstation sales and they're just...Ok.

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of my top-10 games ever, and is still fun in New Game Plus. Days Gone was an underrated fun game, especially once patched. I have recommended HZD to many people and every one of them loved it.

Days Gone is actually a very good game, I've played so many games in my life and it can very hard to find any that are worth playing. The game runs really well on PC and looks really good, never played the ps4 version. 3x better than cyber punk.

It's also about preference, hence not everyone will like the same games, or as much, or in the same order.

As far as 1st party PS4 era games goes for me, it's like this: Bloodborne (and all the Souls games) > God of War > Shadow of the Collossus > HZD > Uncharted 4 and then the rest of them. Plus Gran Turismo franchise which has it's own category and is not comparable with the above, and it's high above the Forza games.

I did not play yet: Days Gone (I'm waiting for more patches on PC), Ghost of Tsushima (waiting for a PS5 - but I'm sure I'll like this one a lot), Demon's Souls (this is a sole reason to get a PS5 for me - I expect it to go toe to toe with Bloodborne for 1st/2nd place fight) and the Spiderman games.

As a side note and in comparison MS games, Forza > Gears (Tactics too) > Halo and all of them combined don't hold a candle to PS 1st party games. And no other MS games interested me at all in the past 8 years or more...

Well, I've been pushing myself to play Horizon Zero Dawn for months now. Initially it was crashing every 30 minutes. Now it's more stable but I can hardly get myself playing it. I got the main idea of the story, it's interesting, but the fact that you have to go from left of the map to the right and back again is not my style (I don't like using fast-travel mechanics).

In Skyrim for instance, there was always something happening on the way. Either a new cave, or finding something interesting. In these games it's just blank space between destinations with some hotzones that you should sneak around.

And the base Horizon Zero Dawn is attrocious when it comes to cutscenes. Zero facial expressions. Not that Fallout 4 was anything good - it was the worst facial animation game possible given the production tier. But take games like Tomb Raider. They were excellent games. You had a small open-area just enough to do some stuff but not as big and empty as Horizon ZD, great story, good gameplay, excellent animations and excellent performance.

Everyone likes their own thing, but I do have to say I had zero crashes playing Horizon Zero Dawn and thought it was pretty good. You do know you can find quests along the way as you travel from place to place. There are a lot of small villages where you can usually find a quest or two. Granted, they do get redundant at times (go here and kill this or go there and find someone or track down stuff), but the quests are out there....you just have to be willing to adventure out of your way a bit to find them. Anyway, I enjoyed it mostly just learning how to take down bigger and badder machines as you progressed through the game.

Personally, I really didn't like new Tome Raider. I understand it's a game, but how they made Lara to be a cross between Rambo, John Wick and the Terminator is just laughable. I could, 90% of the time, plant myself in one spot and take down bad guys with a bow (Rambo) and never having to move. Eventually you can train up your takedown skills or hand to hand skills as bad guys get close to you or you can headshot folks with very little effort (John Wick). Then all the times she fell and hit her head on stuff or crashed through the trees and then fell again....then again and again, only to get up and keep going (Terminator, she can't be killed!). Then, the most laughable part was when she got knocked the F out from a punch and captured.....how the heIl does someone that can take a beating, hand out killing like a professional and fall so many times allow herself to be knocked out with punch? I thought the game was pretty bland and the QTE built into it didn't help. Also, the game had very little to do with progressing through "tombs". Those hidden tombs you find take about 2 minutes to do.....they were pretty much pointless, but I guess you can't call the game Tomb Raider if you don't have some kind of basic, yet pointless tombs to find and spend a couple minutes in.

Man, I hope there are A LOT more games to announce than just a 5 year old game or 2 coming to PC. And don't get me wrong, the story was great (gameplay was meh), but I hope it's an Uncharted collection announcement while they're at it. As much as I want to see Sony put their games on PC, I don't want it to feel like they're trying too hard to milk it.
Which Horizon Zero Dawn on PC feels kinda feels like that, as it's 4 years old and still sporting an almost full price tag in what feels like an EA move...

That's good news, but I'm more interested in the Uncharted Collection remastered. Hope that comes to PC too.

As for HZD, personally I found it a pretty looking game but extremely bland, and dropped it after around 9 hours or so. Felt like an Ubisoft game, it follows the Ubisoft open world formula very closely.

Unless it's an uncharted collection that includes golden abyss, which would make it truly complete then I'll pass.

I already own uncharted 1-3 on ps3, the collection on ps4, UC4 and lost legacy on ps4 and golden abyss on vita.

UC4 is already gorgeous so just getting 60fps wouldnt be enough to make me pay again, and I'm a DIEHARD uncharted fan.

imho, sony's best bet would be to make collections of their best games instead of choosing these one-offs.

Did you play these games, or are you just shitposting?

I played HZD on the PC and enjoyed it. It's not the best game ever made, but it was well worth the money. And I really hope Sony keeps bringing in more games to the PC.

Graphics are bad! a he's running it at 480p. Whatever else one may think of the gameplay, the both games looks fantastic IMO with high settings at 1440p.

Days Gone is actually a very good game, I've played so many games in my life and it can very hard to find any that are worth playing. The game runs really well on PC and looks really good, never played the ps4 version. 3x better than cyber punk.

I've watched the DG play-through and it got me hooked. It's got elements of State of Decay, but way better IMO. I'll will buy this as soon as I finish some other huge open worlds games. Haven't watched Cyberpunk much at all, and still not sure how I feel about the game. Anyway it'll be years before I attempt it as I haven't even started Witcher 3 yet LOL.

Back