Undisclosed investor reportedly in talks to revive Mars One

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
In brief: It was only yesterday that we reported that Martian-colony startup Mars One had gone bankrupt. Now it seems to have found a “mystery investor” that is looking to pull the project out of the hole.

On Monday, court documents revealed that Mars One’s money had dried up. CEO Bas Lansdorp confirmed that the project to colonize the Red Planet and broadcast it as a reality show was bankrupt, but added that he was looking for investors to revive the idea.

Apparently, at least one generous backer heard the news and is reportedly in talks to at least pay off Mars One’s $1.1 million of debt, notes Engadget. The negotiations are also hoping to gain capital to re-inject the promotion of the reality series, which was what was supposed to fund the project in the first place.

"Who'd choose to bankroll a defunct startup that's been on the receiving end of criticism over the scientific and financial viability of its colony is anyone's guess."

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the idea failed with one insider calling the whole thing a scam, an allegation Lansdorp flatly denied.

The name of the investor is not being released at this time. However, the benefactor will be holding a press conference on March 6 to officially announce its intentions and what agreements have been made with Mars One. Early estimates put the project's price tag at around $6 billion. Lansdorp has remained quiet on updated estimates.

Financial troubles are not the only obstacle that the company has facing it. German regulators fined the company over $450,000 in two separate stock exchange violations, which the company never paid. It was subsequently removed from the exchange.

It is unclear at this point if the savior investor will be enough to recharge the project and get it up-and-running again, but we’ll hear more in just a few weeks.

Permalink to story.

Please tell me it's not Musk!
Musk is too intelligent to flush his money down this money pit. If he wasn't so determined to get a Mars mission rocket built, he might - might - be wild enough to buy this fake rocket company, on a lark. As things stand now, he needs to watch his cash and make what he already has built ever more successful.

Musk is too intelligent to flush his money down this money pit. If he wasn't so determined to get a Mars mission rocket built, he might - might - be wild enough to buy this fake rocket company, on a lark. As things stand now, he needs to watch his cash and make what he already has built ever more successful.

Too intelligent to buy a dead-ship marketing company, but still intelligent enough to be promoting the exact same money pit with the exact same failures incoming and the exact same utter lack of physics, research, or science. Yeah, that Mask guy's a real winner alright. ;)

I for one hope "he" actually sends a passenger ship to Mars. So when he gets them all killed for his grand ineptitude, people might open their eyes finally. It doesn't matter how much money you throw at a problem if the physics aren't real.

I've heard that "Mars One", is the game upon which "Star Citizen" is based. Maybe these fools should give "Kickstarter" a try to get themselves back up and running. :rolleyes:

Too intelligent to buy a dead-ship marketing company, but still intelligent enough to be promoting the exact same money pit with the exact same failures incoming and the exact same utter lack of physics, research, or science. Yeah, that Mask guy's a real winner alright. ;)

I for one hope "he" actually sends a passenger ship to Mars. So when he gets them all killed for his grand ineptitude, people might open their eyes finally. It doesn't matter how much money you throw at a problem if the physics aren't real.
You are ignoring the fact that he HAVE actual rockets, he HAVE actual battery pack in Tesla cars that can and surely will be use on those missions. So I don't think the comparison to these "Mars One" Fools is even possible.

And what same failures are you talking, getting NASA and US military Top Secret missions don't look like a failure to me, its seem that you are just making up information based on your desire to see him fail to get something to talk about.

You are ignoring the fact that he HAVE actual rockets, he HAVE actual battery pack in Tesla cars that can and surely will be use on those missions.

*he HAS

And no, he doesn't have any of those things. Elan Mask is just an actor, a figurehead frontman. He doesn't own any of these technologies - and we already had rockets and batteries. Neither of those are new technologies. Modern rockets are wildly inefficient and pathetic, as is the physics involved in them - which is why nobody has done anything with space tech yet, aside from data-collection done by probes. And battery tech? You're obviously not aware of who Tesla himself was, or his work, or his studies, or his contributions to physics. Which weren't even all that great but far, far better than current electron-based tech. Even Tesla knew that electrons don't cause electricity, but rather charge is the fundamental force behind electricity and magnetism.

You don't even know what charge is, and neither does your baby-boy Musk. You're dismissed.

You are ignoring the fact that he HAVE actual rockets, he HAVE actual battery pack in Tesla cars that can and surely will be use on those missions. So I don't think the comparison to these "Mars One" Fools is even possible....[ ].....
Well, Panasonic has floor space in Musk's "Gigafactory", and they make the batteries for Tesla's cars. Incidentally, Lithium battery technology has been around for a couple of decades, and Musk didn't invent it

Since were're going to butcher the English language, I might as well go whole hog.

Yes, Musk him have powerful rockets, that him waste shooting his Tesla and his effigy into space. Him gotten the technological know to, from NASA, who got it from the Nazis, as them used it in the V-2 rockets which they used to bomb England. This is in the 1940's, well before your gene pool tanked out..

You are ignoring the fact that he HAVE actual rockets, he HAVE actual battery pack in Tesla cars that can and surely will be use on those missions.

If you can't use a verb as common as "to have", conjugated in the correct tense, would you at least spare us the audacity of capitalizing it?

In other words:

You are ignoring the fact that he HAS actual rockets. He HAS actual battery packs in Tesla cars that can and surely will be used on those missions.

Not that I imagine you're willing or able to read these, but what the hell, I figured I'd post the links in case someone else is interested:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/vide...e-nazi-engineer-who-created-the-first-ball_1/.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...entists-america-after-world-war-ii-180961110/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_aerospace_engineers_in_the_United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

Musk is a nobody. Basically, he's the "P.T. Barnum of space flight".

Last edited:
Well, Panasonic has floor space in Musk's "Gigafactory", and they make the batteries for Tesla's cars. Incidentally, Lithium battery technology has been around for a couple of decades, and Musk didn't invent it

Since were're going to butcher the English language, I might as well go whole hog.

Yes, Musk him have powerful rockets, that him waste shooting his Tesla and his effigy into space. Him gotten the technological know to, from NASA, who got it from the Nazis, as them used it in the V-2 rockets which they used to bomb England. This is in the 1940's, well before your gene pool tanked out..

If you can't use a verb as common as "to have", conjugated in the correct tense, would you at least spare us the audacity of capitalizing it?

In other words:
OHhhh yeah sorry for my grammar, Mi idioma es español, te gusta mas que hable asi mmg

*he HAS

And no, he doesn't have any of those things. Elan Mask is just an actor, a figurehead frontman. He doesn't own any of these technologies - and we already had rockets and batteries. Neither of those are new technologies. Modern rockets are wildly inefficient and pathetic, as is the physics involved in them - which is why nobody has done anything with space tech yet, aside from data-collection done by probes. And battery tech? You're obviously not aware of who Tesla himself was, or his work, or his studies, or his contributions to physics. Which weren't even all that great but far, far better than current electron-based tech. Even Tesla knew that electrons don't cause electricity, but rather charge is the fundamental force behind electricity and magnetism.

You don't even know what charge is, and neither does your baby-boy Musk. You're dismissed.
lol, business man don't have to be the scientist or the LabRat, you pay people for that, congrats on you great knowledge, I hope you can be as looser as my baby boy Musk is.

OHhhh yeah sorry for my grammar, Mi idioma es español, te gusta mas que hable asi mmg
Tener, tengo, tienes, tiene, tienen....So, mi lengua as Englais. Para usar in el foro, Debemos continuar los dos de nosotros en esta idioma. Es las reglas.

Mods "My language is English" For use in the forum, we both must continue to use English. It's the rules

Last edited:
Back