Undo the after effect of Worm.Win32.Autorun.dcw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody!
My friend told me about this site saying it's very useful and people here are very helpful.
I'm having a little problem with my computer. I hope someone here could help me.
Lately my computer had virus call Worm.Win32.Autorun.dcw. It hide some files and folders in my removable drive.
I finally I get rid of it by scanning my computer and flash drive with Kaspersky. Unfortunately the files and folders that were hidden could not be unhide.
I can see it if I click on Tool --> Folder Option --> View --> Un-ticked "Hide protected opertating system files (Recommended)"
Does that mean my folder now become system file?
How can I make it into normal folder besides having to copy and paste it into another new folder?
It's because I have a lot of folders and files and it's difficult to copy and paste the lot of them.
Help me please.

Thanks you very much in advance.

Herm

There are two areas to 'hide/show':

On the View tab in Folder Options:
1. Hidden files and folders> either show or do not show.
2. Hide protected operating system files. (Recommended)

You have to view or hide in both categories- it sounds like you have only used #2.

Hi Bobbye,
Yes, I know that and I enable both options. I can view the hidden file and folder all right but what I want to do is to unhide it permanantly.
Can you help me please?

Thanks,
Herm

Hi Bobbye,
I have no problem viewing the hidden file. I just need to unhide it. See the picture I attached? The unhide button is not available. What can I do to make available again?

Herm

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
Your image shows Desktop properties. This is not where you "unhide". Showing hidden files and folders is enabled through Folder options. The link I left for you is for the Registry.

What I want to do is to make the Hidden visible so I can unhide the file permanently. Can you help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back