Uniblue

What are they anyway (uniblue)?
Uniblue offers a variety of software tools.

And as to the original question:

1. In general, there's much discussion on the topic but general rule of thumb is don't use registry cleaners. The more agressive they clean, the more likely they're only gone to screw you up at some point
2. And, more specifically, IMO avoid anything to do with Uniblue!

1. In general, about cleaners you can read the thread HERE. (All that said, i'll say the only cleaner i'll ever use and trust is CCleaner. It doesn't try to be aggressive... just removes junk. And as mentioned in the thread, i've yet to ever see any metrics that prove registry cleaning to "speed things up" ever makes any real difference in speed vs. for sure can cause crashes if the cleaner screws up)

2. Uniblue
> First, i dislike any company that sells "scareware". I've seen them with machine popups with alarming looking messages about a system having sooo many problems they try to scare the unsuspecting into buying their products
> Second, turns out a friend used their registry cleaner awhile. His machine developed blue screen crashes twice over 6-8 months. While i can't 100% for certain blame it on Uniblue, there was strong circumstantial evidence. Plus he hasn't crashed again in the last 12 months since he's stopped using their crap.

Back