Uninstall a program

zam

hello there i got this problem i was trying to remove a program so i found a game that i really never download it before so i got this msg (you do not have sufficient access to uninstall but i never download this game that i am trying to uninstall) so please help i have kaspersky internet security 2012 and malware if its virus i tryed full scan but nothing

hello there i got this problem i was trying to remove a program so i found a game that i really never download it before so i got this msg (you do not have sufficient access to uninstall but i never download this game that i am trying to uninstall) so please help i have kaspersky internet security 2012 and malware if its virus i tryed full scan but nothing

You can't uninstall a program you didn't download.

i don't know where it came from and i checked and scaned and no virus

What browser are you using? If Firefox, go to Tools>Options>General tab & find out where your downloads are saved to see if it is in there.
If you didn't download it,it won't be in there.

I find this thread lacking in info and confusing as regards facts.

If he has tried to uninstall the program (game), it means he can see it and therefore it’s there. How it got there, is another matter. If he didn’t download it, it could have been in the pre-delivery installations or piggy-backed on something else or put there by someone else or even thru malicious practices.

So, first of all, which is that program/game you tried to uninstall?
And how did you discover its presence and name?
And how did you try to uninstall it? from the CP?
And did you have administrator rights?
And did you search for the program thru start > search? If you did, where is it?
And which OS are you using?

After we have the answers to the above questions we can advise accordingly.

bobcat, this game is shaun white skateboarding i found it when i was unintalling a program through control panel add remove program and this pc is 1 month old its my pc brand new and i am the admin no one else touch it and i never play any skate boarding game or even try it i am using win 7 ultimate i tried to search for the game nothing and even no other game from ubisoft since the game from ubisoft

hi bobcat,

am facing the same problem that Zam was having..I too can see this particular SHAUN WHITE SAKTEBOARDING application in my ADD/REMOVE programs...

I know for sure that this is no application because i did not install any such thing..so i am sure it has to be a virus or malware or whatever....

I think it has come from an installer called BLACKBOX, when i installed a game called DEUS-EX Revolution..
BEcause when i click on the Shaun white application to remove it, i can see below (where u see the product description written, in the add/remove window), help link: e:\ program files\black...

so i assume it has to be BLACKBOX

i even went and checked in my drive but there is no such folder cos i distinctly remember deleting the BLACKBOX folder after i had uninstalled the DEUS-EX game...

i have admin rights since there are no other user accounts..
am using windows 7

any suggestions wud be really appreciated...
hope this post isnt closed...

The following advice applies to both OP and gamerx71.

First of all, I assume that attempts to uninstall thru Add/Remove Programs are unsuccessful and also that antivirus scans find nothing.

Now, malware does not like to manifest itself in the Add/Remove Programs entries. And if your antivirus finds nothing, it’s unlikely to be malware.

In fact, Shaun White Skateboarding is a game with an official site, which I checked and is not malicious:

http://shaunwhitegame.uk.ubi.com/skateboarding/

As to how it got there without you knowing, one possibility is that it was packed as a trial version with something else you installed, but this is just a wild guess of mine.

The simplest way of getting rid of it, if it works, is to restore the system to a point before you installed what you suspect that brought it.

If that is no longer possible, my advice is to try to uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller Pro at the advanced mode. You can get it on free trial if you don’t want to buy it.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

First try to uninstall it from Revo’s list. In most cases, Revo Uninstaller Pro can handle the uninstall process even if the built-in uninstaller of the program is not working properly. In such case you should start the uninstall procedure with Revo Uninstaller as usual and when you see that error message you have to skip (ignore) that message and press the "Scan" button to start the scanning for the remnants of the program and continue forward the uninstall procedure reviewing and deleting found program's data.

You can also do Forced Uninstall by entering the program’s name. This is the best solution when you have to remove stubborn programs, partially installed programs, partially uninstalled programs, and programs not listed as installed at all!

Good luck and let me know your progress. :)

thanks man it worked i uninstal it through revo it scanned then asked me if i want to delete it was many files for shaunwhite i pressed delete all then i opened the normal uninstaller and its not there thanks again

You’re welcome. You are also a good example of coming back with feedback. Many OPs just don’t bother once their problem is solved. :)

sorry for the late reply..

Thanks bobcat...for ur inputs...

funny thing..that when i installed Revo, like u said...
aftyer that i cudnt even find the malicious application..then i checkd for it thru the regular windows uninstaller..i cudnt find it there as well...

So since it has gone by itself...(i dont know how)..

my problem is solved...

thanks again..

Back