Unknown Device

learninmypc

It's been brought up in my W7 threads before I think, but I'm wondering if there is any way to find out what it is. It is shown in Device <Manager as Unknown device.
UNknown Device.JPG
UNknown device propeties.JPG

Anything in Device Manager listed in the "Other device" category (as yours is) is a device without a driver

Right click the device->Update driver. Select the option for Windows to search online for a driver. If Windows can't find anything
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Ok, I've done this
"Right click the device->Update driver. Select the option for Windows to search online for a driver. If Windows can't find anything" .
& nothing was found. Will try the other & post back.
Results are here
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Go to the Details tab and scroll through the options. Entries like "Display Name" and "Parent" will help identify it.

In the unknown device properties. Next to the driver tab.Is where you will find the details tab. If you are not sure look at your first post.

Have you tried to uninstall it. To see if maybe see if windows will reinstall it. If maybe a failed driver to something the previous owner had installed on the computer

Its not working now . So I don't think it will hurt to try.Plus the computer will just try to reinstall it. If it is a part of the computer.

My apologies, I rebooted first & forgot to mention that then I went to device manager & saw it was not listed. :)

Back