Unknown on Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this appear on my desktop. It looks like part of a window, but I can't get it to go away. I have tried the Task Manager, but it doesn't recognize anything being open. I have tried restarting everything, but the image keeps reappearing in the top left of the screen. I can move it around, but I can't get it to go away.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• A UNK.JPG
    A UNK.JPG
    1 KB · Views: 9
Does right clicking on it give you any options? Does it appear in the Desktop folder?

No, right clicking gives no options, and it does not appear in the desktop folder. The only thing I have noticed it doing is the bottom half of it changing colors periodically.

Maybe try System Restore to a point before this thing showed up. You can always undo the restore if you want.

If you can drag it around, what happens when you drag to the Recycle Bin?

As mentioned you can try a system restore to see if it helps.

You might also try creating a new user and see if the issue appears with the new user id? (would at least indicate if it's a user or system thingy)

It is a work computer. I cannot do a system restore. It shows up on other users too. I tried dragging it to the recycle bin, and it just sits on top of the trash can. It won't go in.

If it's a work computer and the other employees also have it, I suggest you report it to the IT person for the office. And there is also a chance that 'they' might have installed something on the systems, for instance, to check productivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back