Unknown PC issue I feared the CPU

Ancelot327

Hello forum, well i finished buying all the pieces i need for my build and i started building the PC, when i finished i went to turn it on and the PC attempted to turn on but didnt do anything, nothing appeared on screen, no sound, only the fans moved for like less than a second and i tried to turn it on again pressing the power button but nothing happened the button wasnt working. I checked that cables were plugged in their correct place, i tried with another power supply, i unplugged the cpu and put it again and it keeps doing the same thing. It show the motherboard has power, is just i have to unplug the PSU cable and plug it again and then when i try to turn it on, it happens the same thing the computer gain power for less than 1 second and then it stop. I though maybe the case is screwed, power button may be has some issue. My computer is AMD based, Processor Phenom II 4x 3200 mhz deneb, 4 GB Ram ddr3 1333 mhz Patriot, 512 MB ddr2 nvidia video card (cheap-*** video card i know), 500w PSU, 320 GB HDD. Well i hope i can fix this problem. Any option will be helpful. =)

Is the motherboard fitted using the standoff's (goldish looking hexagonal spacers) and the bolts using nylon washers as well?

It sounds like a short to me, from what your saying above. Failing that its possible the motherboard is DOA.

My english aint the best, i loaded these pics to see what do you mean? not a pc expert =/ or maybe i dont understand to much what you said, my bad.

35i0w8h.jpg
[/IMG]

ieghgp.jpg

2jfyjvb.jpg

m8ihdg.jpg

These are standoffs:

IMG_6805.jpg

They fit under each motherboard hole your going to screw down like in this picture:

3849037491_e07b59477b.jpg

How you have it now is most likely shorting the motherboard across the case, and will still it working. You need to mount it properly.

The fibre washers (bottom right of the picture below) need using between the head of the bolt and the motherboard surface to stop any shorts as well.

cab_3.gif

Both the standoffs, the screws and the fibre washers will have been supplied in with the fittings for the case.

The fittings will come with the case usually.

Yes, if you aren't using fibre washers, and standoffs as in the above pictures it will usually cause the motherboard to short to the case, stopping it from working.

Your pictures above would tend to lean to this diagnosis, especially given that none of them seem to have standoffs underneath the holes used to fix your motherboard to the case. You cannot just leave it lose and unsupported and expect it to work.

Back