'UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME' can't load Recovery Cosole

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago I went on my main computer and it went to a blue screen that said 'UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME', I researched and found that it was either a cable or something, so a corrupt file.

With the corrupt file it said to run system recovery and put in 'chkdsk /r' and when I did it load everso slowly and go to about 50% in about 20-30 min, then I had to leave my house and went out for a while. When I came back my computer was off, due to either my mom or my brother turning it off, and my mom had said it had only gone as high at 52%.

There was another suggestion to use 'fixboot' or something [I have it printed out near my other computer, I just don't recall off the top of my head at the moment] and when I tried to go back to the Windows XP Setup [After you boot from CD] and it loads up to the point where it says 'Windows is starting Setup' at the bottom.

I can't get passed this.
Help?

your file system is damaged

it can sometimes take a very long time windows needs to rebuild your file system from the XP disk , run recovery console again then chkdsk /p then let it finish after its done type fixboot then hit enter to repair your bootfiles , when its done type exit then hit return , your pc should re-boot into your o/s

if not then use the chkdsk /r command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back