Unmountable_boot_volume

EndaBuckley

I think my C Drive is finally starting to pack it in.

After shutting down the computer fine one day, I restarted the next time to get a blue screen of death saying

'UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME'
'Stop: 0x000000ED (0x8AF92900, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)'

Googled it.

Tried getting to the Recovery Console on start up but it goes to the blue screen of death just after it appears to load the Recovery Console up.

Hmmm.

Tried burning a CD of the recovery console and booting it from the CD. That worked. When I got the recovery console up and running, USUALLY (cuz I've seen this in the youtuve videos) when I go to the recovery console I should be prompted at C:WINDOWS. this is not the case. I am taken to C:. So I tried running chkdsk /r from just that and it says this

'THE VOLUME APPEARS TO CONTAIN ONE OR MORE UNRECOVERABLE PROBLEMS.'

Hmmm. I don't want to try any other commands so I'm hoping someone out there can help me on it.

A Friend recommended I boot from Ubuntu mounted to a CD. That worked. However when I click into the Home folder and try and access the C drive, it stalls for a bit and then this comes up:

'Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 13: ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Failed to read NTFS $Bitmap: Input/output error
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details'

I know this is gonna be a tough one, I'd love to get this hard drive repaired and am willing to go to whatever lengths to repair it.

Attached are a DXDiag file that was done just a few months prior to the incident.

Any help out there greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
Back