Unstable wireless connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markj88

I am currently using a neighbours wireless network don't knbow exactly where it comes from but the connection is very unstable.

Hardware : TL-WN321G wireless adapter

I would lik to know if there is any way to boost the signal except aluminum foil wich i am using at the moment. Any software ?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

and you sleep well at night?

sorry -- as for me at lease, I will not assist you to hijack your neighbor's connection.

i'm with jobeard. Go pay for dsl!

I pay more on my bus fares in a week than i spend on broadband in a month! Many ISPs will even hand you a free wireless router.

Besides, any signal gain needs to be actioned both ends. Change the channels, install larger aerial etc.

Markj88 said:
I am currently using a neighbours wireless network don't knbow exactly where it comes from but the connection is very unstable.

Hardware : TL-WN321G wireless adapter

I would lik to know if there is any way to boost the signal except aluminum foil wich i am using at the moment. Any software ?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

This is not a good idea, you need to get your own ISP and pay for the internet like the rest of the world does. True some area's you get it for free but tapping in others networks is not the way to go!

Ok

You guys have it wrong i am not tapping connections i have permission to use the connection so all i need is help with boosting signal, not a lecture on how internet costs money !!!!

You could have your neighbor install a signal booster or some directional antennas - I assume he'd have you buy them though and he'd have to set them up at his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back