Unusual Harddrive alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildman6801

I have been for the love of GOD trying to figure out what is beeping inside of my computer. I do not have an internal PC speaker so it isn't a BIOS beep. The computer operates normally, no Blue Screens, no lockups.

It is more of an agervation right now even thought I know something is going to happen. Just don't know what. I will describe the sound. It sounds like a tiny alarm clock going off randomly. I am thinking it is one of my 6 hard drives inside of the computer. I have no scan disk errors or errors coming from Seatools short and long tests on each drive.

I am just wondering has anyone have any ideas if this might be a hard drive failure sound? I have gone onto datacent.com website that has a listing of hard drive failure sounds by each manufacture and listened to each one but none sound like it. The link is http://www.datacent.com/hard_drive_sounds.php.

Any ideas. This is just driving me crazy to come up with a solution.

We need to know a lot more about your computer brand and model, and hardware brands, age,etc, in order to comment.

Wildman, I think that elaborating the situation a little more would help you to have a better response, as if it isn't the BIOS beep and also that you don't have a speaker connected so the problem appears something else and as raybay said that just start with the basic information about the computer and also mention that when did this problem start appearing in your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back