Upcoming Google Glass update to bring iPhone SMS notifications

Himanshu Arora

Staff

Just a week after Google pushed out its Android KitKat update for Glass, the search giant announced yesterday that the computerized headgear will be getting a couple of new features later this week. One of the features that iPhone users will definitely appreciate is SMS support for their devices.

Until now, iPhone were unable to receive SMS on their Glass, but after the update text message notifications will show up on your high-tech eyewear. However, due to "some limitations with iOS", you'll not be able to send text messages through Glass. To enable the feature, users will need to turn on "Show Notifications" for their paired Google Glass under Bluetooth settings.

The other new feature is the addition of a new Calendar Glassware on the Glassware tab in MyGlass. Turn it on, and it'll display your agenda to the left of the home screen. Tapping a calendar card from your timeline will let you change the title, time, location, and RSVP as well as delete the event or dismiss it from your timeline.

Last week, Google held a one-day promotion sale of its wearable computing device, making it available to anyone who wanted to purchase it. Later, the company also announced a home try-on program, allowing potential buyers to try Glass before they shell out the $1,500 to actually purchase the device.

Permalink to story.

Sweet, now I am an anxious even more for a pair of these since I own an iPhone. I am getting tired of waiting for this device to be open to the public. Im still thinking about trying the program that gives you 4 to try that are supposedly broken and trying to repair them.

Sweet, now I am an anxious even more for a pair of these since I own an iPhone. I am getting tired of waiting for this device to be open to the public. Im still thinking about trying the program that gives you 4 to try that are supposedly broken and trying to repair them.

I read another article about reviving the dummy glass, but the USB ports on the devices were destroyed.

I read another article about reviving the dummy glass, but the USB ports on the devices were destroyed.
But to me that will be the easiest thing to fix in all honesty. All I have to do is find a replacement one and then it just takes a little black magic and a sauntering gun to fix that part. Worst comes to worst, for testing I could even hotwire a connector cable up temporarily to do some work to it then worry about getting the actual port later. Ive done stuff like this on laptops and small devices many a time. The only problem is I will have to see the internals and connector for myself on the device to make a decision like that to see if I can fix it.

They are interesting but I'll leave the wasting of moolah to the early adopters. I'll come back when they're in their 3rd, 4th or 5th generation, they should be far more elegant, sophisticated and matured but most importantly $150 and not a bunch of long numbers that I can't read.

I am not having people make videos of me, while I walk down the street, so that they can lust over me afterwards.

The new GL version is coming soon. It's the Google GLass.

Now, all you people who hate the NSA spying on them can have a new thing to be paranoid about.

People wearing glass in public toilets, changerooms and the lke will start to reveal the perversive nature of these things. Give google hundreds of dollars and then get assaulted for being an a-hole. Awesome.

Back