Update: Nvidia GeForce 375.95 Hot Fix solves low memory speed issues

Scorpus

Staff member

Update: Nvidia has published GeForce 375.95 Hot Fix drivers that address the issue with low memory clock speeds on Pascal cards.

Yesterday we published an article informing Nvidia GeForce graphics card owners of a new set of drivers, version 375.86, which included a typical set of game optimizations and bug fixes. However, it turns out these drivers are currently plagued with issues, and you should avoid installing them until Nvidia releases an update.

Posters on Nvidia's official GeForce forums are reporting that Pascal-based cards cannot push their memory beyond 810 MHz, which is considerably lower than the stock clock speed for all GeForce 10 series products. For example, the GTX 1070 normally runs its memory at 2000 MHz, while the GTX 1080 pushes to 2500 MHz.

Running the memory of these cards at a lower clock speed has significant performance consequences, so gamers are understandably annoyed at the state of these drivers.

Other reports claim there are graphical problems with Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, although Nvidia suggests these are bugs with the games themselves. Some have also suggested that high refresh rate monitor flickering has not been resolved, despite Nvidia specifically patching this issue in the 375.86 drivers.

The 375.86 drivers are the second batch from Nvidia in the last few months that have included major issues. The release of version 375.57 introduced some performance problems, however Nvidia was able to quickly release two updated versions that addressed the problems in the following weeks. Hopefully Nvidia can do the same with the issues present in the current batch of drivers.

For now, you should refrain from installing the 375.86 drivers, and if you're experiencing performance issues, rolling back to the previous release (375.76) would be a wise idea.

Permalink to story.

Hahaha, and they pretend to force you to a certain driver version through the games' updates. Driver version and game version should be decoupled ASAP, just as it used to be.

It would seem these drivers were not ready for "WHQL" certification. That in my opinion puts some blame on those certifying the drivers.
This is why I only update my GeForce drivers to major versions.
I've not noticed that many issues with drivers, but the monthly driver release drove me to stop using GeForce Experience. I don't really care if there is an updated driver available, but the monthly notifications I do care about (as in I would rather not know).

Actually Microsoft keeping a backup copy of all installed drivers, I want to update as seldom as possible to keep from bloating my system. And if that isn't bad enough nVidia does the same thing.

It would seem these drivers were not ready for "WHQL" certification. That in my opinion puts some blame on those certifying the drivers.
This is why I only update my GeForce drivers to major versions.
I've not noticed that many issues with drivers, but the monthly driver release drove me to stop using GeForce Experience. I don't really care if there is an updated driver available, but the monthly notifications I do care about (as in I would rather not know).

Actually Microsoft keeping a backup copy of all installed drivers, I want to update as seldom as possible to keep from bloating my system. And if that isn't bad enough nVidia does the same thing.
WHQL lost any meaning a long time ago (not that it ever was useful).

I own a regular ol gtx 980 and I havent updated my drivers in months mainly because I'm not playing anything new really and my desktop/other performances are doing fine. im glad I havent updated I suppose. especially with nvidia recently adding telemetry in their drivers

I update when it wants it, as I hate the icon telling me their is an update, but can I use that stupid geforce exp to update my driver?
Everytime it fails. At least Nvidia are consistent. I have to get that Guru uninstaller.

Nvidia need to sort out their BS.

I update when it wants it, as I hate the icon telling me their is an update, but can I use that stupid geforce exp to update my driver?
Everytime it fails. At least Nvidia are consistent. I have to get that Guru uninstaller.

Nvidia need to sort out their BS.

The stupid geforce thing should install your driver for you. Sounds like you've got a bug in your system.
If doing a clean install of the geforce experience doesn't work I'd just do a factory reset of Windows. Probably the quickest way of solving the problem.

Nvidia haven't put out acceptable drivers since GTAV, what the hell happened? There was a time when you bought nvidia specifically for their superior driver support. AMD on the other hand upped their game considerably ever since catalyst omega.

I wasn't having problems before. But I downloaded the driver and now my memory clock is over 9,000!

However, I now question the wisdom of not accepting that free cooling plate from EVGA.

Nvidia haven't put out acceptable drivers since GTAV, what the hell happened? There was a time when you bought nvidia specifically for their superior driver support. AMD on the other hand upped their game considerably ever since catalyst omega.
But amd left 3 year old cards to die. My hd6970 is still a good card no driver updates..

Back