Update of Outlook Connector does not download properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

Hi,

I'm using "3" Broadband, which doesn't have it's own email, so I am using my Hotmail addresses and download these through the Outlook Connector programme.

It is not very satisfactory at the best of times because I am continually repairing the programme by going into Uninstall in Control Panel, finding Outlook Connector and repairing it. Then it works for a while and then gets a glitch.

This morning when I opened Office Outlook, I got a message saying I had to update Outlook Connector, which I duly tried to do but it kept on telling me that it had failed and to contact support. When you go onto Microsoft Support, you just get a virtual assistance and she is not programmed to answer this sort of question.

I then found a site to download Outlook Connector so I downloaded it again. It seemed to download, then ran the programme and also repaired it, but then I got a message

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT, version="8.0.50727.762",type="win 32-policy",processorArchitecture='"x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b". Please refer to Help and Support for more information

Without this download I cannot read any new emails through Microsoft Office Outlook and I have to go to my Hotmail account.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I have Windows Vista and my firewall is Comodo and my antivirus is Avira. I even tried deactivating both my firewall and my antivirus before trying to download the update again, but it still failed.

I bought a student version of Microsoft Office 2007, which has Office Outlook, Word and Excel and I don't know whether it is referring to the product key of this.

Compused

Since posting this thread, my Outlook Connector now seems to be working, so I don't need anybody's help, but thank you for reading this, if you have.

Compused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back