Upgrade from a 8800 GTX 768MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldcuttin

Hi All

Think its time to upgrade my Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB,im having trouble playing some of the latest games like GTA4 at a decent frame rate.
any suggestions on the best card for my system? im thinking something with at least 1GB memory.
no budget really but obviously the cheaper the better :grinthumb

Heres my other parts

Motherboard : Abit IP35 Pro
Memory : 4 GB Crucial DDR2
CPU : Intel Q6600
PSU : OCZ GameXStream Power Supply 600w

gtx 260 216 core, or a 4870, only go for the 1gb version if you're using a monitor upwards of 22"

its looking like the 1GB HD4870 is going to be my best bet from the suggestions so far,its $140 cheaper than the geforce 280 gtx both with 1 GB memory.
oh & Im using a 32" samsung tv @ 1360 by 768 max res at the moment if that makes any difference?

@ supersmashbrada..the gtx 260 216 core you suggested is only 896MB memory,is that really gonna be worth upgrading from a 8800 GTX 768MB?

yes its a noticeable difference. Your resolutions arent that great so you want to go with core clock speeds/memory speed rather than a crap load of memory which is used for high resolutions. In the end the 4970 1gb is a great card as well.

yes its a noticeable difference. Your resolutions arent that great so you want to go with core clock speeds/memory speed rather than a crap load of memory which is used for high resolutions. In the end the 4970 1gb is a great card as well.
ok ill take that into consideration when i decide.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back