Upgrading from Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Trillionsin

If I were to upgrade from the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 what would you guys suggest? PC specs are in my profile. I can post them upon request.

Yikes that board is ugly, but if you're looking to adopt the latest processors from Intel it looks like it's probably among the best options at the moment. The price isn't horrible but there are some other boards in that category with similar specs and are much cheaper. Unfortunately you're paying for a special name and some added eye candy with the Sabertooth series. It's ultimately up to you to decide whether or not it's worth the extra money.

The Sabertooth boards are pretty good value for money and they also carry a longer (5 year) warranty- handy for the inevitable reselling.
If your looking at a P67 board then be aware that performance is pretty much the same across any model you might choose. You will pay more for boards with a bridge chip (unneeded unless you plan on Crossfire/SLI in addition to SATA6Gb/USB 3.0 drives), extra connectivity (a second GbLAN, third party SATA controllers/ports), gimmicks (remote OC modules, non-functional heatsinks) and accessories bundle.
Be aware that overclocking with any of the Sabertooth boards can be constrained due to the lower supported memory bandwidth. The P67 for instance will push to DDR3-1866, whereas other similarly equipped Asus boards (P8P67 Pro/Evo/Deluxe/WS Revolution/M4E) can utilize the next divider up (DDR3-2133) for higher multiplier overclocks.

The Sabertooth boards are sold primarily on the strength of their stability, ease of use and lack of quirkiness, and not as extreme overclockers. If you don't plan on pushing a CPU to the ragged edge (this will also depend upon getting the right stepping/batch of CPU and some degree of luck) of the performance spec then it should hold you in good stead.

Back