Upgrading graphic card in HP Pavilion a1522in

hi guys. i'm basically a noob in computer hardwares,hence help me in upgrading my pc
i want to upgrade graphics to ati or nvidia 1gb card so that i would be able to play recent games like assassins creed brotherhood, stalker, crysis2.
so what budget range graphic card would you suggest in the price range of 100 - 150$(3000-5000 indian rupee)
my psu is 250 watt..is it possible to upgrade graphics without changing psu?
present pc spec

Hardware

Base processor
PentiumD 915 (P) DC 2.8 GHz
• 800 MHz front side bus
• Socket 775
Chipset
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors
Motherboard
• Manufacturer: ECS
• Motherboard Name: RC410M
• HP/Compaq motherboard name: Asterope3GL8E
Hard drive
• 200 GB SATA
• 7200 rpm
memory 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)

Expansion slots
Slot type Quantity
PCI Three (One available)
PCI Express x16 One (One available)

I would recommend a gtx 460 or an amd 6790. Both run right around $150. For only 150 you aren't going to get anything near max settings. Also you have to upgrade your psu. The recommended amount is at the very minimum 300w for a low end graphics card. You ideally need a mid-high end gpu, but you can't get all that much better performance in your price range. You should be looking for a decent 450-550w PSU. Corsair is a good brand.

I would recommend a gtx 460 or an amd 6790. Both run right around $150. For only 150 you aren't going to get anything near max settings. Also you have to upgrade your psu. The recommended amount is at the very minimum 300w for a low end graphics card. You ideally need a mid-high end gpu, but you can't get all that much better performance in your price range. You should be looking for a decent 450-550w PSU. Corsair is a good brand.
thank you

Back