Urgent HELP! XP Restarts everytime it reboots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!
Im in need of help!
Im in support..
Our XP restarts everytime our PC reboot and i think it is because of virus..
Some of my co-employees is also encountering this kind of problem recently so i cant say it is because of Hardware or software.. and even when im trying to boot using SAFE MODE, probelm is still the same.. it still reboots.. we cant use our PC.. we've tried to reformat/repair the XP, an unknown partition occur (were the files deleted? e.g. if im using 40Gb of harddisk and i already used 32GB of it, theres still 8Gb remaining, but when im trying to reformat or repair, it appears unknown partition of 40GB). We cant easily reformat because of the important files in the disk.. ive also tried the partition but thesame problem occur.. what can we do? please help!

Hoping for urgent help!!!
Thanks in advance!!

If you have tried to format and partition the hdd and it says unknown partition then its most likely the hdd is on its way out.

If it's a work pc then your company should really sort the problem.

what i mean is before u format it says unknown partition but i can still reformat the HDD.. but the files were already deleted before i reformat.. meaning the hdd is still usable..

sounds like the infamous blaster virus or a variant. Boot off your anti-virus CD.

then try turning off system restore when making repairs. some viri are self-regenerating if system restore is left on. Once cleaned you can turn it back on if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back