USB device error

This morning I turned my computer on and started hearing the noise of a USB device connecting and disconnecting. I checked the device manager to see what was up. I have only have 3 USB devices plugged in but a 4th one keeps popping up. It is labeled Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I plugged in other USB devices I have used recently but all of the came up recognized while the other one stayed. If any one can help I would appreciate it.

Hi. OK Thanks for your reply. Try the things in the link I posted and see if any thing there helps. Curious about what Windows you are running. Are you running W10?

What usb device or drive is this, hard to diagnose your problem without the full details.
Take that particular drive or device and plug into another computer, does this problem happen on another computer ?
If so either replace under warrenty if any, or get rid of it and get something more better.
Now if that problem does not happen on any other computers, double check again that usb port on your computer.
Make sure it'll pick up on anything you plug into it, make sure there are no slits or cuts or bent wiring on the usb device.

Once you verify all that, you come back here, tell us exactly what happen, then we'll go onto whatever is necessary to fix it.

No probs I'll come back when the op responds, I think part of the problem might be with usb slots.
He might need to reinstall the chipset drivers for the mobo if it comes down to that.

Sorry for the long wait. Whatever the problem was it stopped yesterday morning after disconnecting and reconnecting twice. So I wanted to give it some time before I came back here to let you guys know. Thanks for the recommendations and help you guys sent!

Back