USB flash drive errors

D

Dalton

Hi, I just got my USB flash drive yesterday and it works fine with no problems whatsoever. First started using it on a machine with XP with no errors at all but then today on a machine with Windows 7 I get a disk controller error in the even viewer. Please tell me this it not the USB flash drive itself? Thanks

No, it is the computer you are running it on, in this case the Win 7. It just means that the disk controller hardware for the Win 7 is not functioning correctly.

Hope this helped

~Alex

Adding to what alexe3831 said, if it's a hard disk controller error you are getting, go to the PC manufacturer's website & make sure your disk controller drivers are up to date. If it's a custom built PC go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and check for updated disk controller drivers. Hope this helps!

IT, question, how are you classified as a member and I am not, despite us having identical post counts?

@Dalton
If you are having trouble finding the correct drivers, you can go onto your computer hard drive controllers website and their support personell can help you find the right driver type.
~Alex

All drivers seem to be updated on this motherboard and this board is certified for WIndows 7 if that helps. It was doing it only on 7 but not XP and that was making me think it was just the OS but don't know for sure. Don't see any controller drivers but just audio, vga, chipset and raid and there is a BIOS update and I did all those but the BIOS. The flash drive works flawlessly but just shows the controller error on occasion in 7. Where would I get a controller driver? Thanks

Back