USB Headset (G35) and Creative X-Fi Simultaneous Usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

I am currently trying to figure out how to set up my system so that I can use my PCI Sound Card ( Creative X-Fi Gamer) and my USB Headset (Logitech G35) at the same time.

What I'm trying to do is use my headset for games, and then use my speakers for music and movies without having to switch default audio device everytime.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate by the way.

I have figured out how to pick what audio device to use in programs such as Ventrilo, and World of Warcraft, but I couldn't find this option in some of the other games I play such as Counter Strike : Source.

I usually use Windows Media Player to play back movies and music, and I didn't thoroughly check it's options, but in the logical places I couldn't find the option to choose the sound card I wanted it to use.

On a side note, I have FL Studio 8 installed and I use the ASIO control panel to switch between my headset and speakers when I am creating music, but I can never keep the options on that to stay the same way every time I reset my computer.

I just want a solution so that I can permanently setup my games and ventrilo to play through my usb headset, and my music and movies to play through my PCI soundcard to my speakers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

so is it you want games and ventrilo to be on your usb headphone, while music and movie in speakers? i assume the music and movie can be played in WMP11 or MPC alone, to make it all-in-one solution (codec pack).

hence, i think it'd be easier, if you set everything default to your USB headset, except for WMP11, which is to speakers. rather than set everything to speakers, and configure all your games 1by1 to usb headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back