USB ports giving me trouble

My HP Pavilion G6 has been into geek squad twice now, and each time it has come home and worked seemingly okay for about a week, and I have problems with it again.
In the beginning of it all, whatever has infected my computer corrupted 2 USB drives. I ended up putting the files back on the computer, as it had some important school documents. (If it helps, the USB drives were lexars.) I have also been experiencing problems with a portable mouse, (Logitech), where it will simply not work. When I try and shut it down in the start menu, It will fail, and give me a blue screen with "USB_BUGCODE_DRIVER" scrawled near the top in all caps. It will also, when on, have lines move up and down it. Like I said before, geek squad has looked at this twice, and hasn't solved the problem to a full extent.
Since it happened during the time that it quit working for the last time I downloaded "Monaco" on the steam store on a whim because it looked fun, and it was free. When I gave it access to my hard drive and launched it, it froze up and I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get the screen to go back to being normal. This is when the mouse quit working, and no buttons on the keyboard worked. I shut it off using the power button, and when I started it the mouse didn't work. This confused me, because I thought the Steam store was secure.
I have also tried to reset it to the day before it went foobar using the system reset, but it gives me the same USB_BUGCODE blue screen each time I try, because it has to shut down without the power button, even in safe mode the same thing happens.
I really need my mouse to work for the games that I play, having to use the touch pad for games like Skyrim is the most irritating thing I've ever experienced. I also need the USB drives to work for school projects, and papers. I haven't seen anything helpful on the internet so far, and I really don't want to pay for another useless visit to geek squad. Thank you for your time.

Your drivers are corrupt. You can uninstall them and let windows reinstall them. This may fix the problem . But if the usb ports are bad. You will get the same problem back. You can also try a restore point to when the computer or laptop usb ports were working fine. I hope this helps.

Your drivers are corrupt. You can uninstall them and let windows reinstall them. This may fix the problem . But if the usb ports are bad. You will get the same problem back. You can also try a restore point to when the computer or laptop usb ports were working fine. I hope this helps.
Do you know which ones I would need to uninstall and re-install? The system reset was the first thing I tried too, it gave me the blue USB_BUGCODE screen, and thank you! Im sure this will at least do something!

Just go down the usb list in device manger.Look and see if any have a yellow mark If so .Uninstall their drivers. Then reboot and let windows reinstall them

Problem, none have any markings, should I try and uninstall the mouse, and the other drivers anyway?
The Logitech mouse doesn't show up even though it should, hope that helps.

You can give it a try. See if this works. You may need to end up doing a factory reinstall of your os. If a virus . Has cause this problem.

All you have to do is to reinstall back your Windows Operating system...and install the latest drivers and updated BIOS ,and chipset in order all your input output device well work...

I would suggest you to try running chkdsk and system file checker in an elevated command prompt: sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f

keep us posted with the results.

Back