USB Ports inactive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first post of many, and I thought i'd start with an easy question.

I have searched a fair bit but have found no exact answer to my spcecific problem, not on TS or elsewhere...

I have many USB ports on my computer, lots in the back of my tower ofcourse, and a few on the front. I also have 4 on the side of my monitor.

A few years ago when I bought the monitor I remember them working, for any USB device, but now they do not, and I don't know where they went wrong.

The problem used to be that they couldn't detect and use any USB devices that needed power, such as charging my camera from the USB port. Now however I don't think anything is woking with them, and I would like to know why.

I have tried going, Computer>Manage>Hardware - then looking for the USB ports setting but I can't find them.

I am running Vista Home Premium, which is what this computer has always run on, and have 2GB RAM, Core 2 Duo processor.

Thanks in advance.

Does the monitor have 2 or 3 interface cables going to the computer? One USB and one video or one for sound?

One for power, one for video, and a speaker on the bottom of the screen attached to my subwoofer, however thats spererate to the screen.

I have always had this amount of cables going to my computer, and the usb ports have worked in the past.

Done that.... no change.

Is there any way to find the USB ports settings in hardware management, incase they are turned "off"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back