USB Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

Can anyone help, i turned on my rig this morning and was prompted right after the bios posted USB Over Current Detected. Then the system turned off. Tried again same result. I unpluged my USB 360 controler and unpluged the double USB conector attatched to my mainboard and the system boots/runs fine. Why is this happening now? Is my PSU about to die?

I would say so too, though a first step for me would be to test it out using multiple usb devices plugged in to see if it applies for all or just one specific usb device o.o

The Problem seems to have arisen after i purchased a 1TB Lacie external harddrive, however the drive connects to the mains via a power(12v) lead and only uses the usb cable for data transfer. Anybody else have any thoughts on why im experiencing USB Over Current? The only other USB devices i have connected are a wireless Microsoft Keyboard and mouse. My specs E8500 3.17Ghz, ASUS P5N32-E SLI, ASUS EN9600GT, 4Gb DDR2 677MHz, 570W Trust Pro PSU.

Nop, i use extrenal hard drives of that sort all over the place, and i've never experienced such problems...

might be a secluded case.

Just a rare case thats all... As far as i know i've never heard of USB's getting fried that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back