USB SD Card Reader Issue

kennyreid95

I have a Kingston MobileLite G4. I have encountered a problem with the front usb port on my case or motherboard not sure. I have to plug in the mobilelite g4 a couple times to get the computer to recognize it then it gives me a message "This Device can perform faster" USB Mass storage. Which is strange because I am 100% sure I'm plugging into usb 3.0 port and the mobilelite g4 is usb 3.0 device. The problem only happens in front usb ports of the case. When I plug the mobilelite g4 in rear usb 3.0 ports I don't get Device can perform faster message. I never had a problem before with the usb 3.0 port until now recently. I tested speeds benchmark crystal disk the speed results are slower now, I tried updating to latest usb 3.0 drivers still no luck
:(
My system specs
Case: Enermax Ostrog GT ATX Mid Tower ECA3280A-BR
CPU: i7 4790K
Motherboard: Asus Z97 Deluxe
Ram: 16GB
Hard Drives: 1 TB HDD and 256 GB SSD PNY
Power Supply: EVGA 650 G2
Video Card: Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 4GB
Water Cooler: Corsair H105
Monitor: Acer H257HU

USB ports - aaaaargh!

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB wire running to the motherboard.

If no improvement, try uninstalling and re-starting - fresh driver and fresh install may pump some life into it.

If no improvement, remove the USB connector harness from the front panel - look for cold solder &/or cracked solder joint (this is a royal pain, so try everything else first).

Back