Using laptop as alarm clock

Hi! So basically my parents took my phone away, so now I don't have an alarm. I am not willing to buy a cheap horrible alarm clock, so I found a website that can also wake me up just like an alarm. The problem is I have to keep my computer on for eight hours during the night, because if I turn my computer off, the alarm won't work, unlike a phone, which you can turn off during the night and still have the alarm wake you up. So my question is, is keeping my computer on for eight hours during the night dangerous? Not only to it exploding, just in general, like will it work worse, or start a fire, or crash, or something else? Thanks!

I have a lenovo thinkpad t420 if that helps!

:)

Most computers have a "sleep" or "hibernate" mode that you can adjust in the display settings (if you are running Windows at least) That way, your alarm clock (if set to "wake up" the computer upon it going off) should still be able to wake you up and not get too hot, or be actively on all night.

Even if you did leave it on all night, it would not explode, or start a fire or anything like that unless you were blocking the cooling fan.

**Sidenote** I would personally use an offline alarm clock program in case your net drops in the middle of the night or something, but that's just me. :)

Back