Using The Firefox Save Password Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDJD

I have just recently downloaded and started using Firefox for the first time.

I notice that every time that I put in a password on a website that the browser asks me whether or not I want Firefox to save the password.

When I went to sign into Yahoo a warning came up telling me that the site uses encryption or whatnot.

For security reasons, would you advise me to do this?

Firefox is saving the password on your system for future retrieval when you log into that account. It has nothing to do with outside parties.

If you're the only person that uses your PC, or you don't care if others can both view your passwords and access your accounts through Firefox by simply sitting down at your computer, then go for it, have 'em saved. If there are other people using that PC and you don't want them to have access to your passwords/accounts, don't allow Firefox to save them.

If you have already done it, go to Firefox Tools on the top tool bar, and Clear all private data, then to Security Passwords to remove that action.

I use Firefox./ I also have a Yahoo account. I signed out of Yahoo so I could sign back in. I do not get any notice regarding encryption. Firefox v3.0.1 does prevent redirects and shows a message at top that you can allow.

The only encryption for Firefox is in Tools> Options> Advanced section> Encryption tab> these two should be checked: SSL3.0 and TLS1.0.

I don't think Firefox has anything to do with the message you got when signing in to Yahoo.

i don't believe yahoo will allow the browser to sign in automatically. i think you have to type in your pass each time. may not be the case for all yahoo svcs though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back