Using Unifi APs in a business setting with a third party NFGW

We are currently using Sonicwall and Sonicpoints and are looking to upgrade. We looked at Sonicwall and Fortinet, and both are pretty costly as far as APs go. So we are thinking of getting a Fortinet NGFW and then using Ubiquiti Unifi APs. Any serious concerns about using a setup like this? I have tested just using a few; configuration was easy, they seem to play nice with VLANs and I can configure multiple SSIDs with varying access. The security will be handled at the edge with the Fortinet NGFWs. Any security concerns anyone has about a setup like this?

I use Unifi in a government setting. One thing to keep in mind is that if you disable wireless meshing you can set up to 8 SSIDs per AP, however with wireless meshing enabled only 4 SSIDs can be broadcast at once.

I use Unifi in a government setting. One thing to keep in mind is that if you disable wireless meshing you can set up to 8 SSIDs per AP, however with wireless meshing enabled only 4 SSIDs can be broadcast at once.
Thank you for your input! Fortunately I need actually only 2 SSIDs. Does the Unifi meshing work well? Have you had any security issues with APs that the firewall didn't catch? It's sounding more and more like Unifi is my best option.

It works okay if you have few physical barriers for it to try to penetrate. I have had no security issues with the Unifi APs.

Back