Vaio Laptop (Win 7) Keeps Shutting Down

fan1bsb97

Hi everyone. I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The computer randomly turns off, seemingly for no reason, but it appears that it can't handle much of anything right now.

I started it in safe mode to try and do a MSE full scan, but once again it turned off after a few minutes.

It doesn't say "windows is shutting down" or anything, it just completely turns off.

Help please! This is happening constantly!

Seems the CPU is not the problem .
I Don't know what else to say bro , hope you fix it . ;)

I reinstalled Windows and it still happens. The fan is very loud and gets hot after a few minutes. After about 20 minutes it needs a break or it shuts down lol. That's the update!

You are going to have to have the laptop serviced. the CPU cooling pads or paste needs to be re-applied

The temperature of the onboard graphics chip (GPU) is what you should check. Try downloading HWMonitor. A generation of laptops have had problems with nVidia 8400/8600 video chips which run hot. Playing demanding games on such laptops soon results in drastic heat related issues. As a rough guide I'd suggest 50c is cool, 60c warm, 70c hot and 80c + too hot for an nVidia graphics chip.

Such has been the scale of problems and customer complaints that some of the major manufacturers have offered free repairs for faulty nVidia graphics chips. However, they have no control over the use of laptops so often multiple repairs have been claimed. If your computer has normal usage cleaning the dust and fluff out or reapplying thermal paste may sort the problem. A computer shop can do that for a reasonable price.

Back