Valve cancels E3 Portal 2 event, promises a surprise instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

If you were hoping to attend the Portal 2 event scheduled during E3 at Los Angeles' Regal Theater, it seems you're out of luck. Valve has notified the press via email that the dark-humored physics puzzler's presentation has been cancelled. The developer's announcement isn't all bad news however, as it promises to reveal a "surprise" instead.

Read the whole story

Johny47

I really hope it's Left 4 Dead 3 =P But only because I haven't played Half Life 2(otherwise it would be Half Life 3? or Episode 3?)

princeton

Johny47 said:
I really hope it's Left 4 Dead 3 =P But only because I haven't played Half Life 2(otherwise it would be Half Life 3? or Episode 3?)
Cool I was hoping valve would make rehash 3 after rehash 2. L4D2 brought as much new content as crysis warhead did to crysis. Not very much.

Burty117

Techspot, Are you able to do an article of the "surprise"? of course when we know what the surprise is of course :)

Puiu

TechSpot Elite
I just finished Portal a few days ago. This e-mail is really amusing, but if you take in consideration the personality of the one who wrote the e-mail (the char from the game) i think they will definitely not cancel it.
But who knows?

Burty117

The Guest has a point! but the cake wasn't actually a lie but was not easy to get to so i bet they haven't cancelled just moved the conference to somewhere else! But who know!

Appzalien

If it is HL2 EP3, it will probably come out in stores in a package deal with HL2, HL2 EP1 & HL2 EP2 included in the box to screw the people who already own them again.

G

http://steamunpowered.eu/valve-to-release-duke-nukem-forever/

suprise suprise? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.